Reppin' the 304
CIMG0830.jpg

CIMG0831.jpg

CIMG0832.jpg

CIMG0833.jpg

CIMG0834.jpg

CIMG0837.jpg

CIMG0838.jpg

As much **** as it looks, it actually sounds pretty good. I can't, however, fix the rattling that finds a new spot every time I fix it.

Not bad for a first box, few gaps to fix but nothing major. I see your ports are sideways, i like to use a piece of MDF under the ports to keep them level with the box, and secure them with hot glue. Just some words of advice for the next build.

I was hoping to see some plywood, or buckets, or some crazy stuff. Not too horrible for a first box. But now you should know what to do from those mistakes you've made.

Why is there only one sub in the box? Are you waiting for the other one? Looks like you used more screws on one side than the other...also, how are you ports held in?

I was hoping to see some plywood, or buckets, or some crazy stuff. Not too horrible for a first box. But now you should know what to do from those mistakes you've made.
Why is there only one sub in the box? Are you waiting for the other one? Looks like you used more screws on one side than the other...also, how are you ports held in?
Yea, I'm waiting for monies for the other one. That's why I designed the box with the middle wall, so I could add as I go. The sub is running at 8ohms currently, I know I could do 2ohms with a clean signal, but I don't want to risk anything. The ports are held in with adhesive.

why not build another box with a slot port. Check out Re audio's box calc with cutsheet. that box looks way too small and not near enough port for 2 15's.

Good job on doing it yourself

For now, just get some wood glue and make sure all your edges are good. Let that ish dry overnight! Make sure your terminal is nice and tight, and that your port doesn't move! That should solve all your rattling problems that you might be having.

It's good to have that center divider in there anyway since it's your first box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.