Photobucket's recent changes to their TOS

Do you have Tapatalk?
Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
No but I might have to look into that. The links I posted worked for about 5 minutes then they were blocked again, lol. I was thinking, okay they don't won't allow 3rd party hosting without paying fees, but I posted a link directly to Photofucker's site so that people could view the image on their site. Nope, they blocked that. Which is stupid. Why would they not want you to send traffic their way, where the image is actually hosted? They're going to experience a mass exodus of users.

+1 for Tapatalk.

However, as we're seeing with Photobucket, there isn't a long term solution so Tapatalk, Imgur, whatever works for you.

-Eric

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

No but I might have to look into that. The links I posted worked for about 5 minutes then they were blocked again, lol. I was thinking, okay they don't won't allow 3rd party hosting without paying fees, but I posted a link directly to Photofucker's site so that people could view the image on their site. Nope, they blocked that. Which is stupid. Why would they not want you to send traffic their way, where the image is actually hosted? They're going to experience a mass exodus of users.
This thing is messing up the whole internet.https://www.buzzfeed.com/katienotopoulos/photobucket-just-killed-a-chunk-of-internet-history?utm_term=.du52nBmQ6#.nnbBV1bjD

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

This explains why some older accounts are still linking pics:

3. What users are affected by the changes to our 3rd Party Hosting

policies?

Moving forward, new and legacy free account users will NOT have third party

hosting available.

If you were a Plus Account subscriber in good standing as of June 1, 2017,

you will continue to have all the privileges you have enjoyed including 3rd

Party Hosting until December 31, 2018 as long as you maintain your

subscription.

-Eric

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

llebcire

llebcire
Iowa
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
My63bug