phoneix gold tantrum 1200.1

Participant count
  • Participant list

limitkid7
5,000+ posts

sell wite
GA
I'm going to try and answer all questions that I had about this amp.

"THIS AMP PUTS OUT SOME SERIOUS POWER AT A HIGH OHM LOAD"

price range $275-469

Features

comes with a birthsheet

has an internal fan

subsonic filter

not an annoying noticeable blue light to attract the attention of thieves, for those that ride w/the amp exposed (maybe your rear seats are down, or you installed the amp in a pickup).

specs

min power

1200.1 4ohms

1400.1 2ohms

this amp is NOT 1 ohm stable

max power - this varies and your birthsheet will tell you the max you will get out of the sub @ 4ohms (not 2ohms, that i'm assuming you can calculate).

I'm not sure if i'd run it below 2ohms BUT 1.5 may MAY be ok (that's your own risk).

Tantrum Mono Block Amplifier

High Efficiency Tri-Path Operation

18dB HP/LP Continuously Variable crossover (30-300Hz)

18dB Continuously Variable subsonic filter (5-50Hz)

Low Pass Level (LPL) Control

Twin T Bass EQ Circuitry

Remote Monitoring Display Port

Things to take notice

The amp does not come w/a remote bass knob or wiring for that.

Due to the external paint & material used, be easy on installing it for the amp can scratch easy (for those who use their screws & power tools w/o paying attention).

Subjective Information

amp does what its made to do and that's provide power at a high ohm load as stated before. The amp is very easy to tune and i noticed that on the lpf section it has marked where 70 hz is, which is very helpful isntead of just trying to calculate where 80hz or 100hz is. The amp is small but does carry a little weight to it. I ran the amp for 4 hours straight (high power and volume level) at 3ohms and the amp did get pretty warm (luke warm water warm) and probably would have been hot if it didn't have that fan going. The fan kicks in as soon as the amp is on. Although i'm not 100% sure on this I think the speed of the fan will vary due to the amount of cooling is needed inside the amp (good thing to have).

Overall quick reference (some things restated)

-you will get a min of 1200 watts @ 4ohm and 1400 watts at 2ohms

-this amp is ideal for those that may have 2 2ohm dvc subs that need about 700 watts a piece

-black sleek design (does come in white)

-will take a lot of juice to push the amp, so you might want to upgrade your alt (I currently have a Yellow top (my only battery) and a 130 amp alt) again running the amp @ 3ohms along w/a 4 channel amp (84x4) and my lights dim (when blasting my music) inside car barley **not noticeable whatsoever

If this amp had no price tag & the ceo wanted me to come up with a price for the quality of product i'd assume it would be worth $325. This amp gets a rating of A- with the only downfall is that it is not 1ohm stable.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

limitkid7

5,000+ posts
sell wite
limitkid7
GA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies