PHOENIX GOLD: Smash or trash?

The only thing I would trade my X600.1 for is a Xenon Onyx 600.1 and I mean that. The X600.1 is a great amp. I have a 100.2 Onyx and that is one nice looking amp. Hifonics does not even come close to Phoenix Gold in SQ to me. Not looking to fight about it but PG make some of the best sounding amps out period.

Mike J

i guess in all reality, sq in your subs is null and void. hifonics is def cheaper for the same wattage tho and yes i am taking efficiency into account. im yet to determine an amp for my components, and im not sure that will be hifonics. altho i would like to stay with the same brands. all i know is i have had two intenense pg fans (have nothing but pg in their cars) tell me to go with hifonics. how can u not trust them?

Have you looked in to the RSd line. From what I hear they are real nice I have not heard any complaints about them. I had the old PG ZX line and they are real nice amps to. I tryed a memphis amp and had to go back to PG and thats when I got the X600.1 and I have not looked back.

MJ

Have you looked in to the RSd line. From what I hear they are real nice I have not heard any complaints about them. I had the old PG ZX line and they are real nice amps to. I tryed a memphis amp and had to go back to PG and thats when I got the X600.1 and I have not looked back.
MJ

yeah i did. that was my first thought. but they were a hundred bux more, and like i said not for competition here. i guess in all reality i shouldn't even worry about it, because my little ears and anyone elses arent going to notice the difference in two different $300 amps. i think the key will surround what components i go with and that will prolly be the type x based solely on the silk tweeters. i love the softer sound.

I went with a set of rainbows but I have been to lazy to put them in. Some day I will do it. Well all I can say is I have have always been happy with my PG amps.

Good luck with what ever you pick.

MJ

ive never had any pg amps, but i had a bx605 it was the biggest pos amp ive ever had, i would take a pg x600.1 before it

but as far as 600w amps id also look int oa diamind audio d3 600.1, dunno what your budget is tho but they are about 250 i believe

i guess in all reality, sq in your subs is null and void. hifonics is def cheaper for the same wattage tho and yes i am taking efficiency into account. im yet to determine an amp for my components, and im not sure that will be hifonics. altho i would like to stay with the same brands. all i know is i have had two intenense pg fans (have nothing but pg in their cars) tell me to go with hifonics. how can u not trust them?
Then go with hifonics them. Obviously the people that have the pg in their car dont know what they are doing. In all honestly comparing that amp to the xenon is like Benz vs kia. Pg has, far superior build quality to hifonics. We cant make the decision for you though. If you want cheap, go with hifonics. You get what you pay for. Closed topic...

o snap!! and the prick shows up!! actually, i did listen to the people with PG in their car ... i just forgot that most people on this site are brand name pushers. i have also went to three local dealers and various other references from other message boards. im basically trying to figure out why people on this site are the only ones saying pg pg pg. trust me its all i ever used before, mainly because i have trooped around this site and no others. o ... and type in xenon in the forum search and check out how many times xenon amps blow ...

if you really want some killer power get the x600.1, i have yet to see a birthsheet less the 830rms.
2m3srj8.jpg

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif

^^^^^ that is the old birthsheet, and all of those read low.. the correct birthsheets are 8.5 X 11 in and all read over 800.. (however not all amps shipped with this test sheet, unfortunately) this topic has beeen covered. if you dont believe me then have your amp bench tested..

hifonics is the best of the low end brands.. i will give them that.. now, i am speaking from experience.. i have had a couple of hifonics amps, and i know a couple guys that still use them.. and they work.. however, when it comes to sq, and build quality, PG xenons win hands down.. there are many amps that beat the pg xenons(zapco/orion/jl audio,+), but lets not forget that the retail on these xenons when they were new was quite high.. 400+/- for a x600.1.. and that was a deal..

i have run my x600.1 at two ohm for 8 hrs straight, and was barely warm..

o snap!! and the prick shows up!! actually, i did listen to the people with PG in their car ... i just forgot that most people on this site are brand name pushers. i have also went to three local dealers and various other references from other message boards. im basically trying to figure out why people on this site are the only ones saying pg pg pg. trust me its all i ever used before, mainly because i have trooped around this site and no others. o ... and type in xenon in the forum search and check out how many times xenon amps blow ...
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Not trying to be a prick, just stating the facts. As far as the xenon problem, it has long been fixed, and yes im sure there is still some bad xenons floating around, thats why you should get it authorized. Most hifonics amps wont do rated power, and their build quality is sub par.. Pg xenons on the other hand are some of the better amps out. Very high quality.

2m3srj8.jpg

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif
This has been discussed several times. Like mentioned above this is the old sheet, and more than likely ur seeing atleast 200 more watts then is actually listed. If your unsure call pg and ask for errin.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gifNot trying to be a prick, just stating the facts. As far as the xenon problem, it has long been fixed, and yes im sure there is still some bad xenons floating around, thats why you should get it authorized. Most hifonics amps wont do rated power, and their build quality is sub par.. Pg xenons on the other hand are some of the better amps out. Very high quality.
i'm not going to spend the money on a zenon anyway :p again with my logic which you will see all over this site. i'm not into competing or anything, so why spend the extra money if i am not going to notice. the biggest noticeable difference for me will prolly end up being my staging and where i align my speakers. also going with silk's because i like softer high ends.

i might end up sending the hifonics back tho in all reality if the amp wont push 1000w like im expecting it to. it is rated at 1100 rms. if it wont throw close to a grand, then its gone and i will spend the extra hundred on the rsd1200. o well.

* I also have a Brutus BX1500d that blew up while the headunit was muted, and volume 0.

I haven't used this xenon yet, but I'm pretty salty about the Hifonics amp.

Just FTR.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.