Pheonix Gold

Participant count
  • Participant list
Know anything about them-----he he //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif I am Phoenix Gold! he he ! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Thier new line up has been typical of the PG tradition- very impressive! Conservative ratings, very well designed circuitry, exceptional output.

Definately worth every penny.

take it easy,

-zane

Where i live hear phoenix gold was a good seller awile back and on car audio nobody talks about PG.I find there subs are not the most durable but i never tried thier x-max subs.I have no clue even if they have any new kick ass subs.

zane will prolly disagree here but to what is avalible here to actually compare side by side an x max woofer to me sounds like a kicker vr.....not exactly but charactoristically.....personally sq wise jl w 3's sound better. on another note ..there best low frequency transducer IMO was the cyclone, but it suffers the w7's fate...needs mid bass but that thing puts it out low and fairly heavy..

http://www.phoenixgold.com

One doesnt hear a lot about PG, mainly because they are not as mainstream as Rockford, Pioneer, Alpine, etc. PG tends to make thier products available only to select dealers outside of web marketing also.

And yes, I personally find that the PG Xmax is far more musical than the Kickers. Allthough that is not its primary function, PG woofers have always been geared a little more towards the SPL side of the business. Only 2 exceptions I have found are the old Sapphire line up- which had very detailed response and clarity, and the trust bass cube.

take it easy,

-zane

i know zane is going to yell at me for saying this but PG is nothing like it used to be. they used to have the edge and were by far some of the best stuff out there and kicked some serious ass. but now there have been some awesome new designs by other companies that blow them out of the water. that and PG has gone down hill in their product quality. they still are awesome but i think WAY overpriced/

keep it thumpin,

adan

i agree about price and disagree about technology..... they were never really a sub company or a speaker company they were known to produce a sweet amp and that they still do. at regionals i got beat by a pg car..that car won finals and sounded awesome and granted tht was '97 but their new stuff is still tight. as far as the subs and speakers go i still say they are plenty good maybe not high grade spl but they sound better than those speakers for the most part.

I would agree with Audiolife on this one..... not always overpriced, just depends on where you get them. I personally find the PG is improving thier circuitry and design of thier amplifiers to make them more efficient. Take a look at the Titanium line up as this is a direct result of thier improvements.

take it easy,

-zane

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.