Phasing

Participant count
  • Participant list

seedubs1
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Indiana
Is the sound wave comming off the back of the sub 180 deg. out of phase with the sine wave comming off the front of the sub?

Or is the wave in phase with the wave off the front?

Just trying to figure out the wave length to get the phasing lined up with my new box design.

That's what I thought by thinking about it.

I just want to make sure before I go ahead and design this **** box.

And does anyone remember what geometric center is for sine waves between 20 and 80 hz? Not average center (obviously 50 hz). I think geo. center is 45 hz if I remember correctly.

Sorry, it's just been a while since I designed a good box.

I know someone around here is smart with this stuff. There's some loud people on here, and I know they aren't all just dumbing into it.

yes thats why free air subs lack all bass. rear wave 180 degrees out of phase with front wave cancels out

agreed, and as always remember that sound is based on pressure and not specifically on the direction a speaker is facing. its all too easy to confuse the effective "direction" of a speaker based on the angle it is mounted.

not sure what you mean by "geometric center", but the geometric mean is 40hz (1.00 octave up from 20hz and 1.00 octave down from 80hz)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

seedubs1

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
seedubs1
Indiana
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date