perfects drowned out by idMAX

i want to welcome you to the same boat ive been since day one i put bass in my car(from crappy bazooka 10;s) i want to let you know ive tried better speakers, amps, HU, same thing, ive tried HIGH END speakers, HU, amps , same thing got a little better but still problem there. I have hit a dead end and it really is frustrating.

i'm not lacking any frequencies really. with my sub level set to +3 on my alpine the frequency response curve sounds flat and my subs are matched to the components. but if i turn the sub level up it drowns out the comps.. i wanna go louder with the comps. i havent sound deadened my car yet.. how much improvement will that do??
i dont think raising the attenuation level on the crossover network will make it better. thats what i had it at before.. it made midbass "lack" more since the sub level could be raised slightly more to match the tweets.. basically the frequency response curve doesnt sound flat if i raise it from -4 db to zero. i set the gain using a DMM to put out 150 watts at volume 25 on my alpine.. the thing is my components are rated 100 watts RMS so i'm more than likely giving it enough power aren't i?

my tweeters are in factory locations of my car which is on the top corner of the door panel.. i wish i could install them in sails but due to me having an integra, i would have to custom fiberglass it in order to do so, due to cleanrance issues.
So.... just turn up the volume and don't turn up the sub level. Is there a reason the sub level needs to be at +1538949?? No.

If you have reached max output on your pioneer and its not loud enough then look at your install for problems. Seal the doors with a good sound deadening material (second skin, dynamat, etc) will help alot. Take the car apart and sound proof the whole thing, you will be amazed how much louder the music sounds with all the road and wind noise dampened.

Your car has horrendous roadnoise stock.

Want a little cleaner and possibly a little louder sound get a good processor or a good line driver at the very least.

But really, your above comment just defies all logic to me. Sorry.

big ass subs=think about horns all i am going to say. there is not 1 regular speaker set that can even keep up with cd-1e comp set. with the regular speakers getting 400 watts vs the cd-1e comp set getting 100 watts still no contest. sql has horns written ALL over it

i fixed it! i think i ued a defected DMM when i first set the gain. i used the one in my garage today.. its older though but im hoping its the one that works right between the two cuz it sounds A LOT better!! when using the dmm to set gains i had to turn the gain up on the components amp and turn the gain down some on the subs amp. i also discovered today that i could use a DMM to find out crossover points so to test that i set the xover points on both amps to 80 hz. turns out the components xover was wayyyy higher than 80 which i did by ear and now it sounds betterrrr and more full. the bass AND the mids to highs came out so much more and so did imaging. i did it!!!!!!

i fixed it! i think i ued a defected DMM when i first set the gain. i used the one in my garage today.. its older though but im hoping its the one that works right between the two cuz it sounds A LOT better!! when using the dmm to set gains i had to turn the gain up on the components amp and turn the gain down some on the subs amp. i also discovered today that i could use a DMM to find out crossover points so to test that i set the xover points on both amps to 80 hz. turns out the components xover was wayyyy higher than 80 which i did by ear and now it sounds betterrrr and more full. the bass AND the mids to highs came out so much more and so did imaging. i did it!!!!!!
wtf??

Congratulations to you regardless of whatever you did. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

really you don't want both crossovers set at 80hz, you will end up with a big bump in your frequency response curve around 80hz.

Have a read on crossover slopes and it will click in your mind why this is so. It is one very overlooked aspect for most people, but can make a huge difference.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.