Peel n Seal

JiggaD369
10+ year member

Bedroom Gangster
NJ
ok. ive done searched on and read every thread n post made on peel n seal but noone seems to answer my question. many poeple say its great but some still say it ***** and falls off. many responded to that, that u have to prep the surface well and use a heat gun to make it stick. if it does stick then my question is, does it produce any fumes from heat? cuz i dont wanna put it on and have all kinds of chemcal fumes in my car. please help me out. thanx.

I've messed with this a little bit, but not a whole lot. Prepping is key, use paint thinner to prep. Heat gun was not needed in my case.Fumes are not a factor for me, but my trunk is pretty well sealed off from the car.

i have about 100 sq. ft. installed and i have yet to have problems. it went up to 100 degrees this summer so it was probably 110+ in the car. i didn't notice and peeling or any fumes. it's holds up well and does a decent job.

2nd ^ I also have over a 100 sq. ft. of p&s in the cabin of my car front to back, no smell whatsoever from day one. Also in my door skin and if it would have fallen, then my window would show evidence of it falling down after 6 mo. of applying it

no fumes, no heat gun, and I did virtually no prep either. I have had two layers on both doors for nearly 6 months now. Had the door panels off a few weeks ago and pulled on the peel and seal, couldnt get that stuff of if I wanted to, stuck really well.

cmon supa you know i aint that crazy..... or maybe i am :p

hmm ok i understand now. i just thought it would be a pain on the but to get the stuff perfect on the inside. so i think i will do both //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

It really seemed like you meant that though.

You arent THAT dumb //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I think im gonna get some of this sfuff

lol i just reread it and it did sound that way :p

but i meant on the inside of the outer panel //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

but thanks for the help //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

"IF YOUR PROPERLY APPLY IT nothin will happen..i used it on my entire trunk and have not experienced it peeling..the only reason it would fall off is if it was not put on properly...all you have to do is clean the suface with soap and water, let it dry then put it on..but with any deadner you have to use a strong hand....

no heat gun was needed to put this on..it was VERY sticky...compared to dynamat, fattmat, ect...but you cant install these deadners in colder weather because they will loose the adhsive properties...i'd say 65-70 degrees or warmer...but it all depends, if it seems like it will adhear good give it a shot.."

taKen from 1 of my other posts.... AND IT DOESNT SMELL!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

JiggaD369

10+ year member
Bedroom Gangster
JiggaD369
NJ
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date