• Participant list
U

Unregistered

I have reacently got my new HU a Pioneer, and wan to change my

stock speakers.

They are 5" X 7" [ front and rear ], I really Don't like how they sound

but I don't plan to acquire an amp to power them, just to power

the subwoofers.

Which model and brand SPEAKER would you recommend me?

They should sound good with the power from my Pioneer HU

50 W X 4 MAX -- 22 W X 4 RMS

They should be 5" X 7" to fit them in the car.

Thanks

there are a lot of different speakers to choose from....i've had good experience w/ sony explode and w/ fosgate but those were both 6x9's i dont knwo if they make 5x7's...also just check the specs on different speakers and look at your price range....you also might think about getting some kind of passive crossover to keep the lowest bass from getting to those speakers because of distortion....but just check others out and see what happens.....check out http://www.crutchfield.com....it has alot of information on almost every type of speaker out there....

go with polk audio ex357;s their 5x7 2 ways, with a rotateable tweeter, i have 4 of em in my bird with a panasonic 45x4 hu and they sound awesome, and i have no amp, just the radio. try circuit city, i got a deal.. buy 1 pair, get the other half off, they retail 4 120 a pair. hope i culd help. their so good im getting new subs cuz they are playing louder than them.

What do you think about these models:

Pioneer TS-A5713 120 W MAX AND 40 W RMS

Clarion SRC-5784 140 W MAX

Sony XS-5726 120 W MAX

Clarion SRC-5794 130 W MAX

And of course The Polk Momo the dude above said??

By the Way Thanks for the info.

Which one of these models will be louder, clearer and

with enough thump (is it possible on a 5" x 7" speaker?)

to rock me?

I will appreciate all your comments

JR

well to get 5x7's to thump...well it depends on how much power they are getting and if they are in a box if you really want it to thump i advise upgrading to a sub and amp

I do plan to acquire an amp and subs, but first

I want to upgrade my factory speakers.

So what do you think of the models I posted two

messages above??

They will be powered by the Pioneer HU, 22 W X 4 RMS

and 50 W X 4 MAX.

Maybe any of these models have great midbass???

Thanks

JR

im telling u, polk audio ex357's man, good midbass with good highs 2 accompany it. u wont be disappointed.

I've just checked the polk's

but its mounting depth is greater

than the Pathfinder's supposed to (2 " )

Would I have any problems with that ??

I got that info from http://www.mobiletoys.com

The depth (rear and front speakers) must be

of 2" maximum.

Or can I install them anyway?

Thanks

JR

hmm, im not sure, ask 1 of the v.i.p. members, but all i know is, if u can fit it, do it, u wont regret it.

What do you think?

Any other choices if the Polk's dont fit my car?

I've just read the reviews on circuitcity.com and they are great. Someone

wrote he installed on a Pathfinder, but did'nt mention the year.

I'll be waiting for any vip.

Thanks

JR

If you only have a 2inch mounting depth, that doesn't give you much room. Are you sure of that number?

If that is truly the case, then just at a quick glance at Crutchfield, the only 5X7 that they carry that fits that spec is the Polk Ex357 at 1 13/16". Everything else is 2+inches.

I would caution you about going above the rated mounting depth, especially if these are door speakers as you are liable to suddenly become unable to roll down your windows. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif

If you do determine that you can go above the 2" mounting depth, I recommend the Blaupunkt ODxa574's. I have them and are really pleased with them. Also, I have heard the Polk dx7's and they are good as well.

thats what ive been saying, the polk audio ex357's. the other dude says they fit, so try em out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.