Parallel wiring question

Bitterclown
10+ year member

So I am getting two 4ohm subs and my amp wouldn't be able to give them enough power unless they are at 2ohm. So I read up on some stuff and that I know of if you have two wires coming out of the amp and split it and wire the positives and negatives on each sub then the independence ends up being 2ohms when it gets to the amp. Is this correct?

just take both positives and tie them together and goto the positive channel on the amp. Then take both negatives and put them in the neg side of the amp. That will give you 2ohms.

just take both positives and tie them together and goto the positive channel on the amp. Then take both negatives and put them in the neg side of the amp. That will give you 2ohms.
Yes if they are single voice coil subwoofers, that's why the previous poster asked him if they were DVC, without that information, we can't give him advice.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.