PANASONIC CQ-VD6505U, Clairion MAX385VD, or Pioneer AVH-P4000VD?

bumpnzx3
10+ year member

STL
Anyone have any seat time with any of these? Can you offer up some suggestions or persuade me in one direction or the other with one of these?

My past two vehicles I've owned over my 10 years of driving, have all used Panasonic head units. One of them was purashed in 2000 to put in my Focus daily driver- and it still working very well today. The other was I bought to put in my first car (GrandAm) in 1998. When I sold the car, I sold the Panasonic deck to a friend of mine- who is also still using it today. I've found their decks to be of good quality, with pretty good features for a fair price. However- I know the Pioneer unit listed above is tried and true. I don't have to much time with Clarion goods- but it seems pretty nice, as does the brand overall.

Panasonic is not what it used to be. Pioneer I just do not really care for. They are nice and solid units but do not have the features I want and are not user friendly. In that paticular Pioneer unit you are looking at does not have a dedicated sub pre out. The Clarion is a very very nice piece. With out a doubt I would go with the Clarion. Better picture, better features, user friendly. Hope that helps.

I recently purchased the Clarion and LOVED it. Well, up until the motorized screen failed to open/close. Exchanged it for another unit. A week later, same problem. Refunded my money and now i am looking at either the same Pioneer you are or the Kenwood DDX-512.

Other than the problems i had, the clarion is a great unit. I may have just had bad luck.

just bought the clarion 685maxbt best hu i have owned very user friendly over alpine and such. my friends use pioneer and i just cant stand the functions. all are quality units all i can say is play before you buy it because just cause it has the good features or specs doesnt mean youll like it. i was set on the alpine double din till i used it. clarion makes an amazing product tho

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

bumpnzx3

10+ year member
bumpnzx3
STL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from