panasonic (any good)

• Thread starter Snapnakk
  • Start date
  • Replies 8
  • Views 1K
S

Snapnakk

i just wanted to know if anyone has had expirence with any panasonic head units and what they thought of them. Do they last and do they sound good.

thanks

erik

i have the dx 900 ( i think thats the modle or something like that been to long) and i love it have 5 rca outs 5 volt out put 47x4 and look **** good at night

anybody know where i can find pictures of the new panasonic HUs? i have a friend who saw them at an auto expo and he said they looked tight. i dont think they are in stores for another month or so though

they recently changed the look of them added dot matrix display and such and those are in stores now although i personnally like the old ones better they just look better in my opinion

I have the CQ-801U 5-volt head unit with the screensavers, I got it for $309 online at e-bay, (normal price at the store down the road was $399 "on-sale") It works great and I love it except every now (once every couple of months) and then it spites me by spitting my cd back at me then I have to turn the unit off and turn it back on by inserting the cd backwords (label side facing the laser) and then it says "CD Error 3" "Please Eject CD" and after that it when I put the CD in the right way it works great again, sometimes I have to do this several times, and also the button that lets me scroll right through the CD's tracks was beginning to act up every now and then like it was sticking or not responding but this was only when it was relatively new, I have not had the problem since (I have had it for a little over 6 months) but other thanthat it is a great CD player, it acts up 5% of the time and works great 95% of time but maybe it was just the "break-in" period because since it has worked great, (no problems for 2-3 months) I really love the bright blue screen although sometimes it is hard to read during the daytime it really shines through at night making it look like I have a tv in my car, and the screensavers are beautiful (much beter than Pioneer's, with the exception of the latest $800 Pioneer, that one has higher resolution than most Pioneers) but sadly the top of the line Pioneers have more features, would I recomend Panasonic??? The answer is YES, but only if you get one of the top 3 higher models anything cheaper is not worth buying as in my experience their entry level cd players ****, I my self am thinking about the Panasonic DVD Player TV Radio but I might go Pioneer next time just because they have more cool features...

If you have any questionse-mail me at showdownx2001@excite.com

but if you like Panasonic's cool chrome look and bright blue screened screensavers or their TV radios and you have the money yeah go for it, their nice.

-MasterMind (J.A.)

Miami, Florida

1990 Honda CRX

CQ801-U

2 Rubicon 15 inch soundstreams, soon to be 4 15 inch cerwin vega vega series or 4 12 inch 2002 aluminum cone square solobarics, (the 12's or 15's I'm not sure yet)

for now I'm running a 4 channel Autotek SX-4160 though I will either be getting rockford fosgate BD1500 amp or HiFonics 1500watt RMS amp next

Mid's and Highs include Pioneer Premier 6.5's with titanium neodome tweeters both front and back, future plans include Kicker's best 6.5" mids and highs setup.

"But enough about me whatchu got?!!"

Have had a pansonic Head unit since 1995. Has great audio quality, and plays eerything! Great stuff. Looking forward to my next panasonic purchase. Looking at DFX710 right now. Would love the DVD in dash, but tough to spend that much.

I just picked up a panasonic cq-dfx701 3 days ago and installed it it my mom's car for now. Once my car is insured in the summer i'm movin it to my Golf GTI and installing all the speakers i bought. I originally had a clarion deck in my mom's car and well, it ***** ass compared to the panasonic. This deck has 3 5V preouts and one is a sub level out with volume control. the output on the preouts is soo much better. all my friends noticed the bass responce is much better too. and the 3d animations are so ****in sweet. love the blue glow too. have to pick up some neons to go under the dash to match it in the gti. i'd recomend this deck to anyone. got it for a sweet deal too. regular $499 cdn + tax but i got it for $400 cdn with the tax.

i have the 501, its sweet man, ive had it since the day it came out, 1.5 years and its awesome.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
20240604_170857.jpg

metalheadjoe

Jun 5, 2024
Screenshot_20240605_200209_Adobe Acrobat.jpg