Participant count
  • Participant list

Souleraser
10+ year member

I recently upgraded the sound system in my sedan which consists of:

1 set of JL Audio ZR650 component speakers being powered by a JL HD 600/4

1 JL Audio 12w7 in ported H.O. box powered by a JL 1000/1 v2

Head unit is a Pioneer DEH-X3700UI

The component set is being used as the front stage. Mids are installed in factory door locations. There is no rear stage or back door speakers.

I plan on purchasing another set of JL ZR650 components and would like to place these in some custom made kick panels. Im paying close attention to the imaging and will aim these accordingly. I dont have a dsp at the moment to work with time delay, but will eventually get to that.

My current tweeters are flush mounted below the sail panels and I don't want to ruin the sound stage by placing the new tweeters in the pods below.

My question is: Would it be ok to just stick with one pair of tweeters? Is one pair more than enough to blend in with four mids? Would I be missing out by not installing the second pair of tweeters?

I would place them in the doors but can't find any suitable spot for them.

Thanks for your input guys:)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.