Crew cab truck help

Punkinuts

Ok. I need some help/ideas please.

After some great advice in the subwoofer forum, I am planning on running a pair of these

Dayton Audio LS10-44 10" Low Profile Subwoofer Dual 4 Ohm

And using this

https://www.skaraudio.com/products/lp-550-1dv2

To power them.

Ok here's where some more help hopefully comes in. I have a f150 super crew. Two 6x8s in the rear doors. Two 6x8s in the front doors. Both pair are kicker 2-ways. I am not sure of the specs on them. I guessing some cheap factory 1" tweeters in the a-posts if, in fact there is anything there at all. I've read where some audio packages don't include the a-post speakers. If the kickers are a no go, for whatever reason, how should I finish out the build? What speakers and amp would you recommend? I am wanting this system to sound good as opposed to being just loud.

Also some ideas for a crossover/processor are welcome and encouraged, as well.

I did 6.5 components in the front and 5.25 coaxials in the rear. I think components in the rear would be a complete waste. I built my own plate to fit the 6.5 in and the tweeter I drilled a hole in the door panel by the vents at the top. If you have a a pillar tweeter from the factory obviously thats an option too.

Ok. I need some help/ideas please.
After some great advice in the subwoofer forum, I am planning on running a pair of these

Dayton Audio LS10-44 10" Low Profile Subwoofer Dual 4 Ohm

And using this

https://www.skaraudio.com/products/lp-550-1dv2

To power them.

Ok here's where some more help hopefully comes in. I have a f150 super crew. Two 6x8s in the rear doors. Two 6x8s in the front doors. Both pair are kicker 2-ways. I am not sure of the specs on them. I guessing some cheap factory 1" tweeters in the a-posts if, in fact there is anything there at all. I've read where some audio packages don't include the a-post speakers. If the kickers are a no go, for whatever reason, how should I finish out the build? What speakers and amp would you recommend? I am wanting this system to sound good as opposed to being just loud.

Also some ideas for a crossover/processor are welcome and encouraged, as well.
I have a Dodge Mega Cab. I'm running Image Dynamics XS69 mids in the stock location on the doors and Stereo Integrity TM25 tweets in the stock dash location.

While not perfect the stock locations are fine. I'd find a good 6x9 to use as a mid before I'd drop down to a 6.5. Cone area FTW!

I have nothing in the rear doors.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.