Pair of Focal 165VR 6.5 midranges - One has a buzzing problem

Participant count
  • Participant list

langlowe
10+ year member

Item(s) for Sale:

1 pair of Focal 165VR 6.5in midrange speakers. One has developed a buzzing problem at higher volume.

This is just the midrange speakers not a full component set. Does not include any tweeters passive crossovers, grills, or mounting hardware.

Item(s) Description/Condition:

These were bought 4 months ago from Amazon. One of the speakers, has blue tape on it, is now making a buzzing noise at higher volumes. I verified it was the speaker by playing it unmounted from the door. At normal listening levels it sounds just as it should.

This might be something easy to fix or it may not. I am not sure. I have just replaced these with something else.

Price:

$50 shipped, Paypal only. Not looking for any trades at this time unless someone has a Sundown 50.4 laying around.

If I am out of line on price please let me know.

I have a few feedbacks on diyma and on other "non car audio" forums. Over 100 transactions on eBay using same ID. I don't sell a lot. I am more of a buyer but I guarantee I am not a scammer.

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Specs:

Nominal power 75 W

Maximum power 150 W

Sensitivity 94.5 dB

Cone Polyglass

Surround Butyl

Nom. impedance 4 ohms

DC resistance 3,2 ohms 1.25 in

VC diameter 32 mm 0.4 in

VC height 11 mm

Former Kapton

Layers 2

Wire Copper

Inductance 0,25mH

Xmax 2 mm

Magnet d x h 85 x 17 mm 3.35 x 0.67 in

Magnet weight 420 g 0.93 lb

Flux density 1,1 T

Gap height 6 mm

Net weight 1350 g 2.98 lb

Item Pictures:

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

DSC00892.jpg

DSC00893.jpg

DSC00895.jpg

DSC00896.jpg

DSC00897.jpg

DSC00887.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I am no repair guy and not looking to rob anyone on these.

I was planning on wrapping them individually in bubble wrap, packing with peanuts, and shipping via USPS in a $15 flat rate box.

I know the one perfectly working speaker is worth more than I am asking for both but they are doing me no good in the closet.

I am no repair guy and not looking to rob anyone on these.
I was planning on wrapping them individually in bubble wrap, packing with peanuts, and shipping via USPS in a $15 flat rate box.

I know the one perfectly working speaker is worth more than I am asking for both but they are doing me no good in the closet.
I'm not big on the idea of peanuts but if you can assure me that measures will be taken so that the cones and surrounds won't be deformed or punctured, I'll take them. Perhaps, (if you have any) you could use some of the plastic stand-offs that are usually placed in the screw holes and then wrap each driver in cardboard, this would keep things off the cone and surround. I will cover shipping if it requires a larger box. Actually, I will cover shipping either way so you can put the whole $50 in your pocket.

I'm not big on the idea of peanuts but if you can assure me that measures will be taken so that the cones and surrounds won't be deformed or punctured, I'll take them. Perhaps, (if you have any) you could use some of the plastic stand-offs that are usually placed in the screw holes and then wrap each driver in cardboard, this would keep things off the cone and surround. I will cover shipping if it requires a larger box. Actually, I will cover shipping either way so you can put the whole $50 in your pocket.
You have a deal.

PM sent

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.