Pair of 12s on 5000?

i did mayhems on 2 ab 500.1 amps strapped at .7 daily ,no problem
I don't want to add more power. That would take way more cash then I want to spend. I'm trying to get the most out of what I already have. I really wanted to recone to 18s and do a wall but I don't want to up the front stage anymore to keep up with a wall. It has to blend, I can gain a few dbs right now and the fronts will be fine.

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

What about level 5s?
I'm not saying they have to have more power but I would eventually want it

I don't want to add more power. That would take way more cash then I want to spend. I'm trying to get the most out of what I already have. I really wanted to recone to 18s and do a wall but I don't want to up the front stage anymore to keep up with a wall. It has to blend, I can gain a few dbs right now and the fronts will be fine. 

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

I'm not saying they have to have more power but I would eventually want it
I'd go with level 5s on a 5 k that's my dream set up personally, you could beat the hell out of them all day long and never worry about anything but then again if you wanted to add power you always could

Zcon's get my vote. Xcon's are great for anything under 2k but anything over that and you'll notice they heat up too fast. SSA subs are extremely efficient too.

Zcon's get my vote. Xcon's are great for anything under 2k but anything over that and you'll notice they heat up too fast. SSA subs are extremely efficient too.
Heat up too fast because of that stock alt //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Heat up too fast because of that stock alt //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
I have plenty of battery reserve to hold my voltage, the sub just doesn't like that much power. Most 3" 4 layers don't like over 2k unless they are specifically designed for it (like the 9500's for example...)

use aeros ,tune the box higher with 4 6" ports and plug off 2 for daily
I got a 7.5 inch octo now. I don't have room for more port. I could tune higher, it's changeable just haven't made the 43hz port yet

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

5k amp or 5k clamped power huge diff...
Clamped 4800 with rise on 60hz

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.