Prep surface:

493978_84_full.jpg

Black spray paint:

493978_88_full.jpg

Bedliner:

493978_89_full.jpg

493978_122_full.jpg

Painting the inside of the box? Hmmmm?
Painting the inside because i will have a plexiglass window.... so don't think i'm crazy! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif

Painting the inside because i will have a plexiglass window.... so don't think i'm crazy! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif
Ahhh--that makes sense.

hey john....that dont look that bad.....u happy with the results?
Yes, so far so good. 1/4 wavelength rule does lend itself to cabin gain though (with subs firing towards the rear). Oh well--this install makes sense in this car.

could u use sounddeading instead of bedliner?
I knew that bedliner would give me what I wanted. Not sure about the sound deadening spray.

Well, do you want it too look like painted wood or have a smooth painted finish like a hood or roof?

If you want a really nice smooth showy finish that doesn't look like painted wood, I say apply a few coats of fiberglass resin/hardener mix, sand, prime and paint...

You can color match it to your cars body color or your interiors or whatever you want...

It'll come out perfect.. I've done this for friends a few times and always had great results..

hey...hit me up on AOL...i painted the inside of the box white for my box...and take a look at my gallery...i'll tell you exactly how to do it...

Nick

automotive primer on wood?
Not sure about that.
NO, it would not hurt the Wood...

even if it would, you not really priming the wood, well that is if you were following what I was talkin about... When I said apply a few coats of fiberglass resin/hardener mix, then sand, then prime then paint... You'd be putting a primer on top of a resin layer...

Again, it would not hurt the wood, it'd just look like primered wood....

so i can spray primer directly on the box no problems/warping? as thats my main concern.

id prime it, sand, then prime a few more times, then sand it again. maybe prime it more then sand again =)

then following that, id spray a few coats of gunmetal on the box. (Do i need to sand at all here?)

then i have tihs clear coat stuff, thats supposed to be harder than laquer with UV protection and all that, its marine grade. so should be pretty durable. 3 coats is a charm.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.