painting fiberglass...

Originally posted by tommyk90 I don't know if we are talking about the same stuff then. My dad(who's been painting for 30+ years) says you can't use it on wood. If you can, i'd use it. Very durable stuff. Although, i think there are different kinds too. Whatever. Hey, my truck is painted True Blue Metallic, although mine is the regular base coat, then clear kind. Paint is hella expensive too. Glad my dad does all of my paint and body work.
Imron 5000 is the name of the product I use, it's in the same family. Supposed to be used in auto body... Costs about 135/gal. - we have our own DuPont mixing station, so we pay next to nothing.

What would you like? Photos of the can? Photos of the towers done? Primer used? Shop I did it in? How I prepped the wood?

The ONLY reason you cannot use it on wood is because of the porous nature of the wood itself. Seal it up solid with a reaaaaallll hard and thick two part epoxy after sealing the wood with a surface sealer, and pow... treat it like steel because to the paint- it is...

Trust me, I've done it several times. Got the photos to prove it- used to work in auto body too. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Originally posted by jlaine Imron 5000 is the name of the product I use, it's in the same family. Supposed to be used in auto body... Costs about 135/gal. - we have our own DuPont mixing station, so we pay next to nothing.

What would you like? Photos of the can? Photos of the towers done? Primer used? Shop I did it in? How I prepped the wood?

The ONLY reason you cannot use it on wood is because of the porous nature of the wood itself. Seal it up solid with a reaaaaallll hard and thick two part epoxy after sealing the wood with a surface sealer, and pow... treat it like steel because to the paint- it is...

Trust me, I've done it several times. Got the photos to prove it- used to work in auto body too. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Nah, i don't need proof, i just wasn't sure if we were talking about the same stuff. But i guess if you hella sealed the wood you could use it. That crap is expensive, good thing my dad didn't pay for it because he used a ton of it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.