paintball stuff

JL Audio
5,000+ posts

ThugStep
KY
just getting into it as after my last purchase im taking a break to save up funds until late fall/early winter.. so looking into this.

If you have nothing to sell, feel free to offer me advice on what to use and what to look for when buying.. again, im very new to paintball.

I have a mask you can have if you pay shipping. Will get pics later if you want. Send me a PM, because I probably won't check this thread again. I used an '03 smart parts shocker. Great marker when it worked, regulator was pretty finicky and it needed work often. I liked smart parts, but it has been so long I would not know what to suggest. For a first marker, it is nearly impossible to go wrong with a tippmann 98, they can usually be had pretty cheaply online.

are you looking to play woodsball or speedball? that will help to determine what you will need to get into this great sport.

are you looking to play woodsball or speedball? that will help to determine what you will need to get into this great sport.
friends are just looking to get together and make up some objective games like protect the leader or defend the ______. after we see who all wants to continue thereafter, we will decide what we are doing from there.

ok. i agree on a tippmann 98, they are tanks. but if your buddies have or are getting electronic markers (tippmann 98 is mechanical) you may want to go the electronic route or they will have a big advantage. the problem with electronic markers are you typically shoot more paint because they can cycle so much faster, usually folks use an electronic hopper (more costs) and the marker generally cost more.

The tippmann has an e trigger upgrade, but I never had much luck with it. Electronic markers are fantastic, but you do tend to go through a lot of paint. I used ultra-evil and would shoot 5-6 cases a day. The cost adds up very fast. The flatline barrel for the tipmann gives it range, and keeps the ball on a very flat trajectory. However, it also slows the speed down to the point where the balls sometimes don't break. The best advice I can give is. ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS wear eye protection, and when the eye protection is off, make sure to use a barrel plug or sock. It is all fun and games 'till someone loses an eye. Pick up a used tippmann 98, use it for a while and if you play a lot upgrade to something better. IMO stay away from walmart brands like raptor and spyder.

other equipment needed:

1. get a nice mask and lens (nothing worse than having a mask fog up and u not being able to see crap)

2. determine where you can get your co2 or compressed air tank(s) filled so you know which type you'll need as many places don't fill 1 or the other. o that reminds me, most all electronic markers require compressed air, not co2. compressed air is not your garage compressor either, its 3000-4500psi.

3. for safety, get a handheld chrono and have every gun chronoed so everyone is shooting under 300fps. over that is dangerous and the paint causes bloody welts when you get hit.

buy used equipment. check out pbnation dot com. this is the largest paintball forum and they have a huge b/s/t.

if you want an electronic marker, older bob long intimidators (aka timmys), infinity legends, and planet eclipse egos are very reasonably priced (150-300) used and are well built and easy to maintain. i've owned them all:)

have fun and practice safety at all times.

Last edited by a moderator:
I Have a 98 custom with bunch of extra's for sale

e-grip

cyclone feed (with upgraded paddles)

m16 barrel

APEX barrel

ops gear stock

upgraded bolt/powertube

bunch of other crap i'll throw in. had it up on Craigslist for almost a year, so i'll let it go for a great price //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I'm got a tippmann a5 with the e-trigger upgrade, an M4 stock, raised picatinny sight base,an 18" barrel and a handguard for the barrel.

I appreciate everyone's offers but again, I have no idea what the fuck half of you are talking about when you go naming off parts and upgrades/mods done to the guns lol. I understand generally what they are .. but just naming them off means little as I don't know what's good/not etc in that aspect lol.. pretend im a newbie to car audio and talk to me like if I was saying " omg guys I need to buy like 40000w amp to power my sonys " .. :/ and go at it from there.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...