paintball stuff

JL Audio
5,000+ posts

ThugStep
KY
just getting into it as after my last purchase im taking a break to save up funds until late fall/early winter.. so looking into this.

If you have nothing to sell, feel free to offer me advice on what to use and what to look for when buying.. again, im very new to paintball.

OP I would suggest a Tippman 98 Custom. i had one and they are so easy to maintain and take apart and have limitless upgrades and accessories. They could be found very cheap online and I never had a problem with mine.

OP I would suggest a Tippman 98 Custom. i had one and they are so easy to maintain and take apart and have limitless upgrades and accessories. They could be found very cheap online and I never had a problem with mine.
that is what I have seen the most of, I was trying to figure out this electronic markers and mechanical stuff..

was also told by someone to look into an angel, but know nothing about those either. I signed up to pb nation and im trying to readup there.

Go to the gym if not in shape, because the bigger you are the bigger target you are //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif oh and angels are the shiznit...facking expensive though.

Electronic means there is a button like on your computer mouse behind a trigger that actuates the marker to cycle. A mechanical trigger is where you pull it, and it uses a physical mechanism to actuate the marker to cycle. Electronics have a lighter trigger pull, and often cycle faster, however you can outshoot your hopper which will cause chopping (balls breaking in the barrel). The smart parts Ion is a very cool marker. Angels in my experience do one thing, shoot paint like no tomorrow. I had an angel for a while and it cycled very quickly however it was inconsistent and it would barely hit the broadside of a barn. My favorite marker (and the only one I still own) is an AKA Viking, best thing I ever shot, but they went out of business and I won't sell mine. Start with a 98, buy it cheap, upgrade it as you see fit and if you are still playing in a year buy something better. Many people get into paintball and play 2 or 3 times invest 1000+ in gear, then quit. If you have to own something better right away buy something used off of pbnation or one of the other paintball forums. People buy stuff then sell it for half what it cost new just to get rid of it. Sorry for the half cogent sentences posting from my phone.

Electronic means there is a button like on your computer mouse behind a trigger that actuates the marker to cycle. A mechanical trigger is where you pull it, and it uses a physical mechanism to actuate the marker to cycle. Electronics have a lighter trigger pull, and often cycle faster, however you can outshoot your hopper which will cause chopping (balls breaking in the barrel). The smart parts Ion is a very cool marker. Angels in my experience do one thing, shoot paint like no tomorrow. I had an angel for a while and it cycled very quickly however it was inconsistent and it would barely hit the broadside of a barn. My favorite marker (and the only one I still own) is an AKA Viking, best thing I ever shot, but they went out of business and I won't sell mine. Start with a 98, buy it cheap, upgrade it as you see fit and if you are still playing in a year buy something better. Many people get into paintball and play 2 or 3 times invest 1000+ in gear, then quit. If you have to own something better right away buy something used off of pbnation or one of the other paintball forums. People buy stuff then sell it for half what it cost new just to get rid of it. Sorry for the half cogent sentences posting from my phone.

no no man, it's appreciated information lol.. I think i'll be doing the 98 custom and upgrading it as I go. They seem to go pretty cheap on there with a lot of extra stuff.

if you can find some older auto cocker markers that would be nice. you can also look into pump guns if you want to save paint. many nice auto cockers that can be converted.

i have got a bnib smart parts ion.. i bought it a few years ago and then never got into the sport... but if you want i got a whole system i could hook you up with

smart parts ion gun. factory barrel plus a few extras, a eggy evo 3 hopper that will feed up to like 20 balls a second, a pod pack that your wear around your waste to hold more paintballs so you dont run out mid game, a few c02 tanks AND a compressed air tank, a few very nice and comfortable masks, barrel condoms, repair kits, defogger for masks, cleaning kits, spair parts etc...i still have the warrenty.. but obviously that is expired... send me a pm if your interested well talk price and ill give you some pics... amrt parts ion is very common, easy to have people fix it if it breaks and very very very easy to mod and make better... stuff is just collecting dust in my closet lmk...

the ion is the easist and cheapest to customize
cheaper than 98 custom? hrmm... I pm'd about it. so we'll see. Im fairly sure everyone but my gf and I will be using stuff like spyder and/or wal mart buyable stuff. my gf's older brother has a black 98 but as far as I know from looking them up, it should be stock.

cheaper than 98 custom? hrmm... I pm'd about it. so we'll see. Im fairly sure everyone but my gf and I will be using stuff like spyder and/or wal mart buyable stuff. my gf's older brother has a black 98 but as far as I know from looking them up, it should be stock.
well the 98 can be dropped 140958274 times and be fine. not the ion

The Ion is a good first marker, there are tons of resources on the internet on how to upgrade them. IMO stay away from autocockers, they are finicky and take a lot of work to keep in time. When they are in time, they shoot awesome, but it is tricky to keep them there. If that dude makes you a good deal on the Ion, go for it.

Electronic means there is a button like on your computer mouse behind a trigger that actuates the marker to cycle. A mechanical trigger is where you pull it, and it uses a physical mechanism to actuate the marker to cycle. Electronics have a lighter trigger pull, and often cycle faster, however you can outshoot your hopper which will cause chopping (balls breaking in the barrel). The smart parts Ion is a very cool marker. Angels in my experience do one thing, shoot paint like no tomorrow. I had an angel for a while and it cycled very quickly however it was inconsistent and it would barely hit the broadside of a barn. My favorite marker (and the only one I still own) is an AKA Viking, best thing I ever shot, but they went out of business and I won't sell mine. Start with a 98, buy it cheap, upgrade it as you see fit and if you are still playing in a year buy something better. Many people get into paintball and play 2 or 3 times invest 1000+ in gear, then quit. If you have to own something better right away buy something used off of pbnation or one of the other paintball forums. People buy stuff then sell it for half what it cost new just to get rid of the best paintball mask website. Sorry for the half cogent sentences posting from my phone.
Hi,

I'm a university student studying Product design and am redesigning a paintball mask. I would like to know some positives and negatives about current paintball masks on the market if you can give a reason why they're good that would be extremely helpful

Condensation?
What changes need to be made?
Fit?
Vision?
Comfort?
Price?

Thank you

Last edited:
really.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...