oz me 12 WEAK!!

wjcsw9.jpg

nice amp.. 2500d?
ill try everything, if im still not satisfied, im going to list the sub forsale and go with 2 12" type r's sealed
dont do that your oz is a better sub, get another 1.if after 2 weeks your still not happy with just 1.

when I my firend had one local, we called the OZ techs, and they told to redo the box at 1.6 cu ft with 700 watts

and we did and one 12" off 700w made me naseous lol

so id say make the box bigger

bigger box x 2 or sell it to me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif.....cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

2. my box dimensions are spot on at 1 cubic ft which oz reccomends

(34.5 x 13.5 x 4) / 1728 = 1.078 cubic ft

how is that 0.7 cubes?

3. i have 1000 rms to work with, that is plenty for this sub (its rated at 700rms)

2. That calculation doesn't include the airspace that the magnet takes up, sorry I forgot that you are running it inverted though.

3. The sub is rated VERY conservatively, I'm throwing 1400 watts at mine from a Tantrum 1200.1 and I have yet to ever see it bottom out or even seem like its being pushed too hard. I've been running it like this for months. The Oz techs will also tell you that they need some serious power to get going.

Anyways, I would definately go for a bigger box...

How does it sound in that box? Overly tight and lacking low end? A good amount of low end but not enough output? Give us some details.

IMO its a bit tight, just a bit, but VERY accurate.

im going to test it with a bigger box (1.7 net sealed) also gonna stuff some polyfill into this box and try a bunch of things and keep it for a week or so. from all of those, whichever works best ill keep for a couple of weeks and see how i like it

ill keep you guys posted

thanks a whole lot for your help everyone, i really appreciate it

I saw a couple of Oz Matrix Elites at the 05 MECA finals in a competitors car, with broken leads on two of them....if it were one sub with the problem, id cite accident or stupid bad luck, but with two of them with the same problem, I cite bad design.

Plus they looked cheap, common basket, common parts.

But dave should read up on subwoofer enclosures before snapping an attitude on anyone.....most likely noobix disease.

now anyone else... got any input? is it really soppose to be liek 1/3rd the loudness of my ported box?
what could be wrong? (everything is the same as when i had it in the ported box, except since its inverse mounted i have to reverse the polarity of the sub, but in any case that still should not make a difference in how loud it is)

i also double checked all my deck and amp settings and wiring
Reverse the polarity back. You shouldn't have to reverse them unless you have one sub inverted and one regular. If you are thinking of getting two 12" R's then why not make a 2 cuft ported box for the OZ?

I saw a couple of Oz Matrix Elites at the 05 MECA finals in a competitors car, with broken leads on two of them....if it were one sub with the problem, id cite accident or stupid bad luck, but with two of them with the same problem, I cite bad design.
Plus they looked cheap, common basket, common parts.

But dave should read up on subwoofer enclosures before snapping an attitude on anyone.....most likely noobix disease.
LOL yea real nice way to judge a sub.

Look at a SQ sub in an SPL competition and note a problem that two subs getting the same power in the same install have. Plus you noted tinsel leads snapping, big whoop.

don't forget to take into account the .75 inches of MDF and the .153 cu ft displacement.... now assuming the 4" is a fluke and not dropping of 1.5 inches from it's side and subtracting the displacement your looking at ~.764 cu ft...

if my winisd was making send I'd recommend a box size but it say 17.521 cu ft after triple checking the #'s and I'm tired...

the dimensions i gave are internal.

36x15x5.5 external, and 34.5x13.5x4 internal, its exactly a cube.

im not a a noob at box design, tell me what i did wrong pls. this is the 4th box ive made and i made it exactly to oz spec, and when i called oz they told me that they reccomend the box being exactly a cube if i want it to sound really good. and the box definately isnt leaking, its made really strong

you guys saying that its the box are definately right, or something else is wierd.. it was VERY loud in the ported box but in this sealed one its so weak. im going to be going back to the ported one and seeing if its still really loud.

Sounds like cancellation to me, if you have time alignment for your sub channel, try messing with that, otherwise reversing phase at the sub is an option????

Some really nice amps have a phase pot, where you can turn it from 0 up to 180, or anything inbetween, that would be perfect for a cancellation issue as you could dial it in just right.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.