Oz Matrix Elite

BLD 25
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
hey, i have searched and done some serious reading about these. i picked one up from ebay, and i need help with box requirements. Winisd doesn't like the specs, and it looks terrible. However, people have said that these subs are awesome.

Oz recommends 1.5 cubes to 40hz, and i would never think of tuning that high. Can anyone help recommend box sizes and tuning? I have a 2 cube box to 29 already made, and i think that would work, but i need some opinions.

manual:

http://web.archive.org/web/20070205181523/www.ozaudio.com/docs/manual_subwoofer_matrix.pdf

thanks

c'mon! there is a ton of information about these, but not much about box sizes. Can't someone help a question about something other than FI?

I did installs both ported and sealed with Oz ME12's. I'd stick with the boxes they recommend and just decide if the low-end trade off is worth it between ported and sealed. They got pretty loud ported off of a Sundown SAZ-1500D and I was also impressed with how they sounded sealed. It really depends on what you want.

Oz calls for 1.5^34hz so I wouldn't use the box you have laying around,so get a new box.I don't think you wanna do sealed but 1 cube is all it takes.
thanks for the replies. Actually they call for 1.5 cubes to 40hz. The F3 is 34. I have never had a 12 tuned that high, and i don't look for sloppy bass. Anyone tried this in a lower tuning?

thanks for the replies. Actually they call for 1.5 cubes to 40hz. The F3 is 34. I have never had a 12 tuned that high, and i don't look for sloppy bass. Anyone tried this in a lower tuning?
So are you saying you tune to fb and not f3?I thought the numbers look very high for fb,IE the 10 calls for 43hz then:crap:so I assumed you would use f3 but then again I know **** about t/s parameters

So are you saying you tune to fb and not f3?I thought the numbers look very high for fb,IE the 10 calls for 43hz then:crap:so I assumed you would use f3 but then again I know **** about t/s parameters
as far as i understand the Fb is the frequency of the box, or what it is tuned to. The F3 is what frequency it hits 3db down on the graph.

I had a 10" in a 1cf box and it was nice but I put too mutch power to it and now it is a big paper wate //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.