Oz audio or JL c5's

Participant count
  • Participant list

trabadoor22
10+ year member

Initially I was only looking at Jl because I have been happy with them in the past, but you guys put some thoughts in my head to check out other speakers. Well that's what I have been doing. I have always heard great things about Oz audio and I might be able to get a set of the ME cs180's. Since I can't listen to the OZ's before I buy, I was wondering how they would stack up against the Jl c5's. I am happy with the Jl xr's midrange, but would like a little smoother tweeter and I could always use more midbass. Thanks for any help.

I have a 12 ozaudio sub I must say its one of best looking and built subs I have seen. ***** they went under they looked to of made a heck of sub I have not installed it yet but reviews for them look good. Like WhoSayWho? said if the price is right I would go for it.

I just sold a set on ebay. They are the second best speakers I owned to date. My favorite part was the smooth midrange. I could listen to these speakers for a long time without a headache. The tweeters are good as well but they have their own flavor to them. Still they are very smooth sounding speakers overall with a sound that is closer to neutral than warm or cold. Also be prepared to give them a good amount of power because these things get very loud, possibly louder than the boston Pros Ive owned.

Sweet, I actually just bought a pair off ebay yesterday. I will be coming from Jl audio xr's so I am expecting quite a difference in sound character since they seem to be described very differently. I've just heard so many nice things about them that I wanted to try them out. I figure worst case if they aren't for me then I can sell them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.