outside

Mount the subs on the top of your car.

Seriously though, most people use dampening material to completley avoid what you are trying to get. Is the whole reason you want a system is to impress other people?

You really wanna know how to get ppl to hear your sys from far away, roll down your windows, trust me thats how i do it. You cant even hear mine outside the car until i roll down the windows.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

You really wanna know how to get ppl to hear your sys from far away, roll down your windows, trust me thats how i do it. You cant even hear mine outside the car until i roll down the windows.
That's the beauty of dampening material.

Besides, if its just as loud outside as it inside, you might as well scream through a megaphone "pull me over officer and give me a noise pollution ticket!"

Cops do not f*ck around with systems. Some of my friends have had their wiring ripped apart and their CD faces confiscated by the cops, being forced to pay a 400 dollar fine to get the face back. It's not worth it.

Originally posted by Gauntlet That's the beauty of dampening material.

Besides, if its just as loud outside as it inside, you might as well scream through a megaphone "pull me over officer and give me a noise pollution ticket!"

Cops do not f*ck around with systems. Some of my friends have had their wiring ripped apart and their CD faces confiscated by the cops, being forced to pay a 400 dollar fine to get the face back. It's not worth it.
Yea but thats the wierd part, i dont have any damping material and my trunk only rattles a little bit around the edges. Plus we dont really have to worry about cops around here in my small little town, (I dont actually live in florence I live about 20 miles away in Rogersville), cuz everybody with nice cars have nice systems, and their are so many of us out that they just dont get us that much unless you really have it turned up and its noticable from everyone else.

Yea but thats the wierd part, i dont have any damping material and my trunk only rattles a little bit around the edges
What are you running/how long have you had it installed?

Plus we dont really have to worry about cops around here in my small little town, (I dont actually live in florence I live about 20 miles away in Rogersville), cuz everybody with nice cars have nice systems, and their are so many of us out that they just dont get us that much unless you really have it turned up and its noticable from everyone else.
Consider yourself lucky :p

I'm runnin two 12" pioneer vccs subs with a profile california series 600 watt bass amp.

I know I'm lucky.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif :p //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Originally posted by Goddyd4me looks like a decent system.....but as stated above...i'd recomend going w/ some dampening material
Yea it does exactly as i wanted it to, plus it hits hard enough to make my cd player skip and make headlights dim slightly(DA**IT, I DONT WANT THAT). But i will prolly use some sort of damping material to take away the rattling trunk lid edges.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

In addition to using that mattress stuff, you can use that padding that goes under carpets in your house. I have 2 yards of that in my trunk and it sounds better than it did before. Plus it's cheap

Alti

Thanx guys, I'll look into these items.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Originally posted by 80_Cutlass_mn Yea but thats the wierd part, i dont have any damping material and my trunk only rattles a little bit around the edges. Plus we dont really have to worry about cops around here in my small little town, (I dont actually live in florence I live about 20 miles away in Rogersville), cuz everybody with nice cars have nice systems, and their are so many of us out that they just dont get us that much unless you really have it turned up and its noticable from everyone else.

get new weatherstripping and it will rattle less around the edges

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.