Other diagnosis methods for a head unit

Participant count
  • Participants list

Lasherž

CarAudio.com Elite
Just curious before I give a friend of a friend some bad news about their head unit.

It's a Dual head unit that's dual dimm (Model XDVD269BT). I took it home so it's not hooked up to a car, but they said a previous technician said it wasn't getting ignition. I soldered and shrinkwrapped all of the connections and then hooked it up to a variable DC power supply. + to bat+ and ignition and - to ground. This unit doesn't have any fancy ECU turn on like some volkswagens. When it powers up (12.8v) it goes from .015A to .4A and makes a sound presumably to check if there's a disk inside, but no display. The Bluetooth is working, but no display no matter what I do. I can try to get it to play music, but there's no point if there's no display. What do you installers do when you don't get a display but the unit is pulling operating voltage and current? Is there another wire I need to short to positive like illumination?

Feel like it's pretty obvious but I'd like to be sure before I agree with the other technician who left it in bad shape and tell them they've wasted a week chasing the issue.

I put a disc in and it came to life... What the hell type of stupid problem is that lol. Junky ass Dual receiver.

I believe it happened because the eject button is able to go so far down that it can lodge under the bezel and when it turns on with that button down it confuses the chinesium alloy parts in there. Once that happens you have to feed it a disk or it'll just keep waiting on one forever.. My hypothesis anyways, but it works now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.