orphan 8 or sa8 ?

Have u heard all three of them? 

---------- Post added at 09:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------

What place still has them ? And how do u know there's not many left?
We still have them on the SSA store, as to how many are left, I will have to check with Mike.

We still have them on the SSA store, as to how many are left, I will have to check with Mike.
I think I'm wantin the sa's. I need 3 of em. How many cubes do the orphans recommend each cuz the sa's are around .5 n that's pushing it for me but it'll squeeze in. Why would either one be better than the other?

I think I'm wantin the sa's. I need 3 of em. How many cubes do the orphans recommend each cuz the sa's are around .5 n that's pushing it for me but it'll squeeze in. Why would either one be better than the other?
I have not compared them heads up. They are sort of meant for slightly different goals.

at .5 per sub, you're below the minimum recommendations for optimum performance. You're starving them. You'd probably see better performance out of two, in an adequately designed ported enclosure. With a 2^ft enclosure, after sub and port displacement, you should be seeing very ideal airspace for a pair of SA-8s. If you tried to fit 3 in there, I'd actually be surprised if you even had .5 for each sub.

I have not compared them heads up. They are sort of meant for slightly different goals.
You should explain these goals to the OP to help his decision out:)

You should explain these goals to the OP to help his decision out:)
The Orphan being more intended as a small sealed box, blend-able driver, and the SA leaning more ported higher output driver. Though there have been a number of Orphan installs in ported enclosures with positive reviews. The Orhpan is essentially a 6ohm SVC, shorting ring-less, RL-i 8.

I just sold my 2007 F150 Supercrew running 2 DD 1508's in 1.75 cuft off an AQ2200 and I absolutely loved the sound. Here is my build thread.http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/412599-build-07-f150-supercrew.html

It took me 2 attempts at different box builds since I was new to enclosure building, but with the second build with the 1508's, I got it right.

BTW, I have a trunk car now and I'm selling the 8's for more cone area.
Why did you go with the 1508's over the sa8's ?

at .5 per sub, you're below the minimum recommendations for optimum performance. You're starving them. You'd probably see better performance out of two, in an adequately designed ported enclosure. With a 2^ft enclosure, after sub and port displacement, you should be seeing very ideal airspace for a pair of SA-8s. If you tried to fit 3 in there, I'd actually be surprised if you even had .5 for each sub.
....greaaaatt...!!!! My local shop told me that I could do three so that's what I am doing... and if that isn't right then that's a waist of 135bucks. why is this guy thinking 3 then if 2 is all that will fit?

Why did you go with the 1508's over the sa8's ?
They didn't have SA8s back then. I think the only 8" Sundown had at the time were E8s and they couldnt handle the power that the 1508's could. The only way I could have went with e8's was if I went with 4 of them, and I obviously didnt have enough underseat space for that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.