Orion hcca or HDC3 or z v.4?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Justinh722
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I just installed two 12 inch Orion hcca black coil series subs for a buddy with a Skar Audio 4500.1 amp. He just recently bought two new HDC3 subs too. He's about to buy another setup too. He's getting two 12 inch sundown z v.4 subs with a Memphis MOJO 4k amp for 1200 bucks. Is that a decent price for that setup? I heard some bad rep on the Memphis amp not liking anything under 13 volts and they are known to blow.

He's thinking bout selling the Memphis amp and we're just curious what they usually go for used. He's got the orions in the trunk of a 2014 corolla. Just curious what setup would be the best to run out of the deal? He's thinkin bout giving me the orions and running the sundowns.

Dunno about low voltage, but I have heard reports that they're prone to vibration related failure due to the very long mainboard. They make a solid 4K though and now is NOT the best time to sell audio so he'll likely never get a fair price right now. Might take your chances with it until spring.

I would tell your buddy to just buy the zv4 12s and not buy that Memphis amp. The skar 4500.1 is a beast and will beat the Memphis 4k...

The best setup up would be the zv4s on the skar 4500

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.