Orion HCCA d2400 mono How to wire a single subwoofer

Participant count
  • Participant list

Falkor

Just bought the Orion HCCA D-2400 (mono) amplifier, and the speaker terminals are layed out for two speakers (without any 'bridge-mode' wiring diagram or anything).

hccad1200.jpg

which two terminals should i use?

the outer or inner terminals? (or, do i use ALL FOUR ?)

the manual doesn't state it directly, but shows the center two, yet images online show people using the outer ones, and the manual also states an internal bridge.... (does that mean any pos and any neg can be used?)..

or

- should all four terminals be used, and both pos go to the pos on the sub, and both neg terms go to the neg on the sub ?

also, i have a DVC 4ohm wired to run in parallel at 2ohms...

I'm still a little confused on this, and i don't want to only run half the power, and also don't want to ruin anything by over-wiring too.

any advise is appreciated... pictures would be doubly so.

thanks

ps, i found this thread here but it's closed and cannot ask my question

pix aren't mine, and my sub is only rated for 400w anyways, but yes, my amp has 3 40amp fuses...but the rest is identical... can't find this amp online very easily....

so, the extra terminals are just there for more speakers, to bring its impedence down if i choose?

meaning, i can use both positive terminals to the single positive wire (and both neg to the neg side) of my sub ?

pix aren't mine, and my sub is only rated for 400w anyways, but yes, my amp has 3 40amp fuses...but the rest is identical... can't find this amp online very easily....
so, the extra terminals are just there for more speakers, to bring its impedence down if i choose?

meaning, i can use both positive terminals to the single positive wire (and both neg to the neg side) of my sub ?
The terminals are linked internally

You can plug in the neg from the sub to either negative on the amp, same with the pos. If you got another sub, you can connect it to the other set of terminals. This is done for the ease of connecting only.

thank you everyone.I've never seen an internally linked amp before this one...and i wanted to know i was using all of its power.
I'm honestly surprised you didn't get at least one smart az comment in response to this question...

Your next question should be how do I tune my amp so I don't smoke it... Setting gains... Bass boost.. Settings on your deck and so on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm honestly surprised you didn't get at least one smart az comment in response to this question...
Your next question should be how do I tune my amp so I don't smoke it... Setting gains... Bass boost.. Settings on your deck and so on

lol, you quoted a thank you, not a question. Maybe my question is just a legitimate question since the answer isn't on the owners manual, or the Orion website (or in 10+ google searches) but really, thanks for pointing out the obvious Captain Keen.

follow up, why would anyone want to smoke an amp? I doubt I'd even get a buzz from that, now maybe if we talk mainlining, that would be interesting.

you see the big line going on each side of the word speaker...(right above terminals) one goes to a neg sign one goes to a pos. boom bridged... lol
no woodhouse, I don't see the "big line going across on each side of the word speaker", because it isn't there.... it's only got 2 pos and 2 neg terminals, which isn't actually bridging anything.

200_s.gif

I see the point of trolling a few absurd questions, but this was a legitimate question, and I truly appreciate people chiming in (even the turkeys like you two guys). However, I feel the comments you refer to as 'smart-***' is more closely related to 'dumb-***'.

happy trails //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

It's pretty clear from your... Ahem dumb az question about how to hook a sub up to a MONO (that stands for one) channel amp... That you have no idea about car audio there for validating my comment that you should be asking about how to set the amp up as well... Because there is a good chance you will smoke it... Meaning fry the amp and yes it will literally smoke up the inside of your vehicle

Keep an eye out for birds while your outside... They like eating worms

lol, you quoted a thank you, not a question. Maybe my question is just a legitimate question since the answer isn't on the owners manual, or the Orion website (or in 10+ google searches) but really, thanks for pointing out the obvious Captain Keen.
follow up, why would anyone want to smoke an amp? I doubt I'd even get a buzz from that, now maybe if we talk mainlining, that would be interesting.

no woodhouse, I don't see the "big line going across on each side of the word speaker", because it isn't there.... it's only got 2 pos and 2 neg terminals, which isn't actually bridging anything.

200_s.gif

I see the point of trolling a few absurd questions, but this was a legitimate question, and I truly appreciate people chiming in (even the turkeys like you two guys). However, I feel the comments you refer to as 'smart-***' is more closely related to 'dumb-***'.

happy trails //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
its on the picture you posted.....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

Are you referring to the stock image that has Sonic Electronix watermark on it?

If so, note that I'm not affiliated with Sonic.

While i also followed up with (as previosly stated...) "pix aren't mine", as the amp shown is just a similar model.

I don't know why there's limited information on these models, as it seems Orion made them for a few years, and then pulled the plug on them. They didn't even acknowledge their existance from my emails to them, or my request for current similar models that are available.

However, I will write up a review of mine when I get ( the remote knob and) it installed with pictures. I don't have any SPL meters and can't verify what the sub will be drawing, but I can (at least) write up a review for it. There doesn't seem to be any for this model, and I am still a little skeptical if Orion even made them, or sold their name to some other company.

All I do know, is that HCCA amps have impresssed me whenever I've been within a mile of them.

Are you referring to the stock image that has Sonic Electronix watermark on it?If so, note that I'm not affiliated with Sonic.

While i also followed up with (as previosly stated...) "pix aren't mine", as the amp shown is just a similar model.

I don't know why there's limited information on these models, as it seems Orion made them for a few years, and then pulled the plug on them. They didn't even acknowledge their existance from my emails to them, or my request for current similar models that are available.

However, I will write up a review of mine when I get ( the remote knob and) it installed with pictures. I don't have any SPL meters and can't verify what the sub will be drawing, but I can (at least) write up a review for it. There doesn't seem to be any for this model, and I am still a little skeptical if Orion even made them, or sold their name to some other company.

All I do know, is that HCCA amps have impresssed me whenever I've been within a mile of them.
What sub are you powering with this amp?

please be a funky pup

---------- Post added at 06:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

You should post pics of the actual amp I'm curious of what it looks like

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.