Orion HCCA 250/225 pricing ?

Participant count
  • Participant list

copperhead069
10+ year member

WV
Ive got a buddy thats trying to sell me his Orion HCCA 250, and a HCCA 225. he says they are strapped? He got them out of the system that was in his car when he bought it, wrecked the car and is wanting to sell me the system. I don't know what year or model number. but they work fine, and hes open for offers. SO i basically have 2 questions what is their market value/what should i offer him? And these would power my mmats pro cast 15 properly correct.

Great old school amps, high current. They are power hungry but will keep generating watts if your electrical system can handle the power demends.

Depending on condition the $225 sells from $80 - $150 on average, it helps to know what generation they are. Early generations require a 400 BDG bridging module to run mono and they are tough to find. The 225 HCCA was the most winniest amp in IASCA. A 25 watt per channel powerhouse capable of over 400W mono into a 1 ohm load.

The 250 HCCA sells from around $150 - $250 or so on average and is capable of 800 Watts mono into a 1 ohm load.

The amps are not only 1 ohm stable, they are designed to run those ohm loads all the time and that is the best way to use them, loaded down.

My favorite versions are the 3rd generation models with the removable pop top covers and SLF-1 configurable crossover cards.

would this amp be a decent combo for my sub? I know theres prob better out there but if i get it for a good price. What does he mean the amps are strapped?

sorry for the n00bish questions

Very good old school amps! The 250 will give you 800 watts at 1ohm is that enough for your sub? You can't "strap" the HCCA's.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.