Orion HCCA 12.2

Participant count
  • Participant list

iSteven
10+ year member

Hey, I was going to buy an Orion HCCA 15.2, In the end I thought a 12 inch would be better for me cause I could possibly move it from any car I could have, and a 15 would be struggles in some cars. So I bought Orion HCCA 12.2. It says its the black coil model and its actually 2500 watts. is this true? cause I thought they only listed it as 2000 watt. either way this subwoofer is a beast. and im currently giving it 1600 watts 1 ohm.

Hey, I was going to buy an Orion HCCA 15.2, In the end I thought a 12 inch would be better for me cause I could possibly move it from any car I could have, and a 15 would be struggles in some cars. So I bought Orion HCCA 12.2. It says its the black coil model and its actually 2500 watts. is this true? cause I thought they only listed it as 2000 watt. either way this subwoofer is a beast. and im currently giving it 1600 watts 1 ohm.
Im pretty sure the black model is 2000rms and 4000 watt max, but those subs are beefy and can handle some serious power. If you have a strong enough electrical system and if your planning on running 2500 watts then you should have no problem

Im pretty sure the black model is 2000rms and 4000 watt max, but those subs are beefy and can handle some serious power. If you have a strong enough electrical system and if your planning on running 2500 watts then you should have no problem
The thing is, it says 2500 watts RMS on the owners manuel that came with it. but I always thought it was 2000 watt. That kind of threw me off and confused me.

Maybe its a newer type of model, similar to how soundqubed rated their subs
I know I haven't touched this post in a while. But I would like to save up some money for a Rockford fosgate 2500.1BD. And the birthsheets are showing 3400+ which is amazing. but can an orion handle 3400 watts rms even if its rated 2000 or 2500. Its a big piece of beefy sub, and the talk behind this subwoofer I would think it could. but I would like to be sure first.

I know I haven't touched this post in a while. But I would like to save up some money for a Rockford fosgate 2500.1BD. And the birthsheets are showing 3400+ which is amazing. but can an orion handle 3400 watts rms even if its rated 2000 or 2500. Its a big piece of beefy sub, and the talk behind this subwoofer I would think it could. but I would like to be sure first.
No that sub would blow at 3400 watts. It would push it past its mechanical limits. Even though it states 4000 watt max, that's just a rating from a burp test 3000 would be pushing it. I wouldn't put more then 2500 on it.

No that sub would blow at 3400 watts. It would push it past its mechanical limits. Even though it states 4000 watt max, that's just a rating from a burp test 3000 would be pushing it. I wouldn't put more then 2500 on it.
Could I possibly use the RF 2500BD if I set my gains back? would it risk it?

Sure. Keep the gain down and you shall be fine. My friend had a older HCCA 10, i don't remember the exact amp it's been years but I want to say it was between 1250-1500 going to it. I could be wrong might of been more but it handled it with ease.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.