Orion 2100 HCCA

stackz1971

I just had a local shop here Columbia SC to install 1)Orion 2100 HCCA running 2)kicker 15" L5's.He wired the amp 4 0hms stereo.I asked him why he did'nt bridge the amp and he told me that I would get the same power either way.I seriously dont believe him.Should I take it somewhere else or is he telling the truth?

you need to wire the amp upto 2 ohm mono or 1 ohm stereo that will be the same power...way more than 4 ohm stereo...since you may not have a bridging module id do 1ohm stereo...you'll go from a very under rated 100x2 @ 4 to a very under rated 400x2 @ 1ohm stereo....

whats the ohm load of the 15's each?.. im guessing single 4's correct, then no he should have ran 2 ohm mono, and you dont need a BDG on the 2100

^^^ This...Download the needed pdf's after selecting Orion from the "Select A Brand" dropdown menu ----> Directed Electronics - Owners Guides

All the info you need should be in the 2-3 2100hcca manuals
your pointing out my comment, im assuming you think he needs a BDG, he doesnt.. a bdg was for first gen moon star hcca, and other with no bridge feature, im sure he has a dig. ref. amp, and if you look on side will say mono (a push in button), then use orange wire for positive, and black/yellow wire for negative.. !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
you do have a 2100 hcca digitial ref. right(big one with fan in middle),,,,,, not a 2100 G4 hcca (super rare only 2-3 made), lol

ok, what about your woofers.. what ohm are they... are they single 4 ohm voice coils? if they are 4 ohm, he is running 100x2, so you get 100w per woofer... if they were run in mono configuration, the amp would produce 800x1, so you would get 400 per woofer.. Here are specs for you..

2 x 100W @ 4 ohms

2 x 200W @ 2 ohms

2 x 400W @ 1 ohm

2 x 800W @ ½ ohm (competition only)

1 x 400W @ 4 ohms bridge

1 x 800W @ 2 ohms bridge

1 x 1600W @ 1 ohm bridge (competition only)

The reason he probably did not run @ 2 ohm mono, is he had no idea how to run the amp in bridged mono mode.. the old school amps are not like the new ones, they dont have a little diagram on the side to show you MONO, lol.. write down the wiring color code i gave you above and go back and tell him how to wire in MONO... That amp will run 2 ohm MONO ALL DAY LONG and run like a true champ....

um, l5's are either d4, or d2

....and..... what he told you leads me to honestly believe he is a total moron with no actual training. there are few amps that run the same power at different loads, which would be recent jl, which they probably sell, and some pg, as well as some models of jbl, etc, not real predominant feature at all. a real knowledgable installer should perk right up with the term "hcca" knowing exactly what "hc" amps do, and how to get there. 4ohms stereo is intentionally a low rating, so they could stay in smaller classes and cheat with big actual nigh current numbers.

um, l5's are either d4, or d2
I know nothing on the kickers really, still trying to get the OP to chime in, so he can be helped here... he hasnt given the answer to the question yet.

your pointing out my comment, im assuming you think he needs a BDG, he doesnt.. a bdg was for first gen moon star hcca, and other with no bridge feature, im sure he has a dig. ref. amp, and if you look on side will say mono (a push in button), then use orange wire for positive, and black/yellow wire for negative.. !!!
Actually I pointed out your comment bcuz I agreed with what you were saying - he doesn't need the module. I have a 2100hcca competition model so I just wanted to highlight the fact somebody knew what they were saying before just posting something

Actually I pointed out your comment bcuz I agreed with what you were saying - he doesn't need the module. I have a 2100hcca competition model so I just wanted to highlight the fact somebody knew what they were saying before just posting something
ah, gotcha, my apologies..

Yeah I never had that one but I know all these I have needed bridging modules plus the other ones I have.....so I thought all older Orions used them....

019.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.