Organizing a car show....

NeverEnuffBass
10+ year member

Got Bass?
A friend of mine is in charge of organizing a car show for the Coalition Against Drunk Driving. It is open to all cars trucks, bikes, vans, from customs to hot rods to car audio systems. I am trying to help him out as much as I can, wondering if maybe anyone has organized a car show or sound off before. Any tips that you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Maybe even some suggestions as to what you may like to see at a car show. Its our goal to have some celeberties come out and show off their whips. Some of the possibilities that are being worked on are: Boyd Coddington, Orange County Choppers, Tommy Hilfiger etc. I will also post specific dates and such as I find out more details. Anyone is welcome to come bring their whips and show off. It will be held in Greenwich, CT. We also looking sponsors if anyone has a company that would like to participate or donate, everything is for a good cause.

Thank you,

BJ Curcio

Hey everybody, my name is Mike Parrotta and I'm the friend mentioned in the above post. So far it has been established the show will be on Sunday May 7th of 2006, in the Greenwich High School Parking lot in Greenwich Connecticut, which is approx. 30 mins north east of New York City, any advice would be well appreciated and if you are interested in attending or just want more information about the event, dont hesitate to ask, my email address is Mdp4969824@aol.com, please feel free to email me anytime with questions and/or comments thank you!

im down for a show...

soundoff. how are u going to run this. one of my friends has a TL. idk if maybe you have mics or what, just was wondering.. let me know.

My advice is work your ass off NOW to get everything confirmed and then work on getting the word out. Sounds like you are trying to make this a fairly large show, and if so you really don't have much time. Decide WHAT you want to do, plan and confirm it and then start advertising your ass off. Unless you already have secured celeb judges, don't start talking about it yet, plan first announce later.

Figure out your classes, order your trophies ASAP... look at some of the larger shows to get an idea of a good class system, I've seen too many local shows (especially non-sanctioned soundoffs) that have had horrible class breakdowns.

You probably have maybe 2 months to get everything planned out then it's time to advertise the car show to anybody who will listen. That might sound like a long time but when you realize the amount of work involved, it's not long at all. You gotta secure a location, sponsors, trophies, classes, judges, celebs, advertising, stuff such as tables, tents, PA system, food and also INSURANCE. You are in good shape by starting this early but mark my words and don't underestimate the amount of work that is ahead of you //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I would offer my judging services but sadly I am on the wrong coast.

Good luck!

Good luck to you, MegHurtz said it best, don't announce till you have secured things first. Be sure to advertise locally especially in places where car enthusiast hang at. To get some celebs involved, I would recommend putting together a press release and first send it to some of the professional sports offices in the area (especially since it is for a good cause) then send it to newspapers after you have things finalized. Just my 2 cents. I did it a couple times before and belive me its not easy at all. This year I plan on hosting a dB Drag and a couple others and it is very dificult to get things to come together.

If you want to look at it this way... how often do we come across people that say oh yeah I'm gonna do this and this to my car and it's gonna be SWEET? And we just look at them and think, "Yeah sure buddy." Same applies here, if you are making big claims I'm gonna take it all with a grain of salt, but if you organize it all and then come out and tell everybody what you have lined up, THEN I will be impressed :p

Not to offend you or anything, but just a way for you to look at it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

You both are very right, so far we have secured the location with the Greenwich Board of Education (its in the Greenwich high school parking lot which is massive), we have a 2 million dollar insurance policy, and we have confrimed 2 VERY influencial sponsors, right now im working on getting vendors (ie car cleaning supply vendors, food vendors, etc) and smaller sponsers (ie local businesses), i have a basic class break down system that i compiled through 2 car shows over the summer that were very well organized and a few suggestions from friends and car enthusists, the only thing left to do is get those sponsors, get a good list of volunteers for the operations for the day-of-event running, and to begin advertising, a few smaller issues such as custodial services are going to be aranged through the board of ed, let me know what you guys think and if you have any more suggestions, and i will be sure to keep you all updated! thanks! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.