Optima with Kinetik

Participant count
  • Participant list

95Prober
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Canada
Hi guys

Never ran a battery in the trunk before and I have a few questions.

The batteries I have are the Optima Yellowtop D34 (the only one that barely fits under the ford probe hood) and a Kinetik HC2400.

1. Are there any problems running different brand of batteries like these? Also, the specs are different, with the Kinetik being a more superior battery (from what Ive read)

2. If the engine battery is getting low on juice, will it draw power from the Kinetik in the trunk?

Thanks any info would be helpful!

Hi guysNever ran a battery in the trunk before and I have a few questions.

The batteries I have are the Optima Yellowtop D34 (the only one that barely fits under the ford probe hood) and a Kinetik HC2400.

1. Are there any problems running different brand of batteries like these? Also, the specs are different, with the Kinetik being a more superior battery (from what Ive read)

2. If the engine battery is getting low on juice, will it draw power from the Kinetik in the trunk?

Thanks any info would be helpful!
1. No.

2. Yes.

you may have issues with them not getting completely charged, is it ideal to run two different batteries, no. Will it work and do the job effectively yes.

Shouldnt have a problem //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

It will draw juice from whichever battery has the higher floating charge at the time until the voltage becomes equal to the other one at which point the load will be shared between the two.

ok thx guys!

for now though, ill be running both off my stock alternator (hope it can do the trick)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.