Optima Red Top battery in front, can I swap it out for a Kinetik HC-2000?

Participant count
  • Participant list

yo0123yo
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
chicago
Ok so recently I removed my two Kinetik HC-2000's from my trunk which I had powering my two Kicker 12" L7's along with a ZX2500.1. Now the car struggles to start every time especially since it's cold too. I looked at the front Optima Red Top and it had a couple of bulges as well so we know it needs replacing. My buddy can swap it out for me but I know that the Kinetik is made for high performance audio, can I take my Red Top out and replace it with the massive Kinetik HC-2000?

Yes. Stock alternator?
Yes, the alternator is stock. Is that bad if I swap to the Kinetik with a stock alternator? We looked at replacing the stock alternator to a high output alternator but they are just too expensive. Car is a 2005 Chevrolet Equinox if that matters lol. My buddy is a mechanic and a huge car guy so I will have him swap it out tomorrow. Should I also do the "big 3" wiring upgrade to 0 gauge since I am already having my buddy do the battery swap? I will buy 0 gauge wire since we are already going to be swapping out the battery might as well knock out two birds with one stone.

Yes, the alternator is stock. Is that bad if I swap to the Kinetik with a stock alternator? We looked at replacing the stock alternator to a high output alternator but they are just too expensive. Car is a 2005 Chevrolet Equinox if that matters lol. My buddy is a mechanic and a huge car guy so I will have him swap it out tomorrow. Should I also do the "big 3" wiring upgrade to 0 gauge since I am already having my buddy do the battery swap? I will buy 0 gauge wire since we are already going to be swapping out the battery might as well knock out two birds with one stone.
Yea do big 3 with 0 gauge but you dont remove any wires you just add wires.

Yea do big 3 with 0 gauge but you dont remove any wires you just add wires.
Awesome! The Kinetik HC-2000 has 1500 cranking amps and the Optima Red Top has 800 cranking amps. After swapping to the Kinetik will I most likely notice a big difference especially since now the car struggles to start especially since it is cold outside as well as easing the dimming when playing the system loud? Thanks!!

Will the hc2000 fit under the hood?
That's what I said at first and it is just a TAD bigger than the holder (length with) thats not a problem you can just cut some plastic away and install more support since it weighs 60 pounds lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.