Dirty South
they sure give you alot of bang for your buck

2003/4 models are on ebay for a steal

Im looking to grab a HU for my girls car,Pana is not a hot seller

but offeres alot of great features

5V preamps,EQ 3 rcas etc

any opinions - I have owned Pioneer and Alpine and would love to try

an off brand,or a model that would do well for little money

i intalled a pana CQ-C8300U like a mouth ago. It sounded pretty clean.

the only things i don't like about this deck was it didn't put up weak fm stations and the cd's got hot.

I have a Panasonic hx-1083u and it's given me no problems so far. It sounds great, it looks great (touch screen), and it was very reasonably priced. Way better than the Kenwood unit I traded up from.

My old Pana HU was quite dependable for a while.

I wanted to upgrade and I was purely looking at Panasonic until someone told me about Kenwood.

The KD-589 is about the cheapest HU with the 24-bit processing you can find.

$160 shipped on Ebay.

I have one of the newer base models that plays mp3....got it last year. The only thing i don't like about it is that it takes forever to read the folders on mp3 cd's....Does anyone elses do this?

i have panasonic CQC8300U and it's has bothit's pros and cons

cons: CD's get hot after a while, distortion kicks up after u turn the volume up past 80%, and mine either has factory defects or my car is just ne electricly sound, i get a verybad thump alot when the CD player turns on and off and when i switch tracks, i had it repaired (alot of loose parts resoldered insidemy HU) and the problemstill persists. But the problem comes and goes, i think it might be my car........The SQ is decent although my Clarion HX-D10 (w/ its dual 24bit D/A coverters and 4volt preouts) definitly had better SQ, but the panasonic isnt bad......

pro's: WHAT A SSSEEEXXXYYYYY DECK. You can program pics for ur turn on and urn off greeting (got hot naked *****es on mine), u can download a crapload of cool screen savers for the high definition dot matrix display which is al cleanand cool looking and any liquid or dot display i;ve seen on decks (besides flip out screens). 5 volt preouts, 7 band equalizer, another 2 band equalizer, subwoofer control, low pass for the sub rca's and high pass for the front and back rca's. Also u can program ur own screen savers (i''ve got another scrolling boobs screen saver, it rocks). Aux in for my DVD deck so i can hear my movies..... All around a very very very sexy deck for the money

I'm considering upgrading my HU to a Panasonic CQ-C8300U from a JVC KD-G200. One of the coolest features that really has me hooked is the customizable dot matrix. Any input on whether or not to upgrade when I get some cash would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, guys.

they sure give you alot of bang for your buck2003/4 models are on ebay for a steal

Im looking to grab a HU for my girls car,Pana is not a hot seller

but offeres alot of great features

5V preamps,EQ 3 rcas etc

any opinions - I have owned Pioneer and Alpine and would love to try

an off brand,or a model that would do well for little money
Currently have CQ-C9700U and I don't know how running off the built in amp sounds but the preouts are very clean. One issue I have is it is running hot. I'm going to call panasonic today and see what they have to say about this.

EDIT: okay I take this back. Turns out the HU just didn't like being wired the way I had it wired. I wired it so that the power was always on rather than running switched power (ACC). I've had other units that were fine with this but it seems this unit doesn't like the power wire being on all the time, it seems it wants it switched. Now the unit is running cool. No heat after using the unit for 5 minutes.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Ignatowski

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com Veteran
Ignatowski
Dirty South
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date