Opinion on 12' Alpine type s

MrAmazing

I may be getting a 12' Alpine type s for my 95 integra gsr, I searched the site and can't seem to find a review on this subwoofer. If you know anything about this sub please let me know if it is a good choice.

I will be getting the newest version of the sub. A friend of mine is the owner of the car audio store so I will be getting a discount.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess it depends on what you are looking for out of a subwoofer man. Just saying it is junk/garbage or whatever without knowing your application might be a little extreme. Its not going to rattle anyones windows if thats what you are after. If you are looking for a little bump to just fill out the bottom end and can get a good deal on it then it may be a viable option. Also might wanna tell us exactly what version you are considering. The newest type s subs really arent that bad for what they are. Not a ground pounder but if set up correctly you could get some good clean sound out of it.

I guess it depends on what you are looking for out of a subwoofer man. Just saying it is junk/garbage or whatever without knowing your application might be a little extreme. Its not going to rattle anyones windows if thats what you are after. If you are looking for a little bump to just fill out the bottom end and can get a good deal on it then it may be a viable option. Also might wanna tell us exactly what version you are considering. The newest type s subs really arent that bad for what they are. Not a ground pounder but if set up correctly you could get some good clean sound out of it.
definately agree with spooney

The 2012 Alpine Type S increases xmax to 15mm and power handling to 500 watts. The subwoofer employs underhung voice coil design, which promises better SQ. Lo and behold, I am actually impressed with what's Alpine offering here with a $100 subwoofer. Perhaps it's not the loudest, but you should get some pleasing bass out of it if installed correctly. The only issue with the 12 inch version, is that qtc is kind of high. If you believe in low qtc, then try a box bigger than what's recommended. The 10 and 15 don't have this problem. Alpine's engineer who posts on DIYMA mentioned that his S15 in a sealed box rivals the SQ of a R8 in a ported box (another good Alpine subwoofer, these are overbuilt 8s with low inductance and reportedly good SQ). I briefly heard the older S's and I thought they weren't bad. Sure, this is not a weapons grade product. If you need to get loud boom boom look elsewhere. From personal experience, I can't say enough good things about my Infinity Kappa 120.9w. Put it into a 1cu ft sealed box and run some 500 clean watts to it (I use a 600watt amp with it). Bass it very tight, transparent, and yet with lots of "meat" on the right track. It's probably too nice for a 95 integra ;p

haha i know.... but what is your reason good sir?
The products are top notch and the customer service is the best that I have experienced from a car audio company, hell any company for that matter. I can email either Aaron or Mark (the owners) right now, and I know that I will have a response by the time that I wake up.

One recent example: Not too long ago I dropped a ratchet on my XCON and cracked the dust cap (yup I'm an idiot). I pm'd Aaron on the SSA forum and within an hour or two he arranged for a replacement to be sent to me free of charge. That is just one example of many great experiences that I have had.

One recent example: Not too long ago I dropped a ratchet on my XCON and cracked the dust cap (yup I'm an idiot). I pm'd Aaron on the SSA forum and within an hour or two he arranged for a replacement to be sent to me free of charge. That is just one example of many great experiences that I have had.
i have nothing to say but wow.... how much for 2 cheap sa10's shipped to 77379

i have nothing to say but wow.... how much for 2 cheap sa10's shipped to 77379
I'm not sure what you mean. I'm not a dealer or anything but if you need some help ordering anything you can contact denim here on the forum. He is the Aaron that I was referring to, and he will take care of whatever you need.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.