operation Sony Xplod

Not what I was getting at.
You can polish a turd all day long, and it may be a very fine looking turd... but at the end of the day, it's still a turd.

Naw mean?
i get what you are saying, but car audio is getting worse than women and clothing. Its becoming more and more about the brand or how something looks. What should matter most is how the equipment performs. Since performance is based largely on the user and their skill I think more people, especially in this community of "diehards", should get past being "popular" and stick to being masterful in their technique whether it be sq, spl, install quality, etc.

How many times do people come on here honestly asking "how will _______ sound? should I buy?" and since its not a boner brand people automatically say "junk don't buy." or "you'll never get loud with those" when it outcome is not that cut & dry. This is about expanding your mind beyond boner brands and making a mark on the car audio community based on SKILL.

I wanted to do something that showed I got skills, regardless of the brand or equipment or the car. that is what this was about

i get what you are saying, but car audio is getting worse than women and clothing. Its becoming more and more about the brand or how something looks. What should matter most is how the equipment performs. Since performance is based largely on the user and their skill I think more people, especially in this community of "diehards", should get past being "popular" and stick to being masterful in their technique whether it be sq, spl, install quality, etc.
How many times do people come on here honestly asking "how will _______ sound? should I buy?" and since its not a boner brand people automatically say "junk don't buy." or "you'll never get loud with those" when it outcome is not that cut & dry. This is about expanding your mind beyond boner brands and making a mark on the car audio community based on SKILL.

I wanted to do something that showed I got skills, regardless of the brand or equipment or the car. that is what this was about

Good point and I agree with you. Now put some more power to those //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/respekt.gif.b162d148236010609fe523122efe3729.gif

Right. I get what you're saying as well. But what about this... You got the subs to put up a respectable score on a mic, but how do they sound? You can make anything get loud, but will it sound good doing so? And how long will they last at that volume?

That's why Xplod subs are crap. lol.

Right. I get what you're saying as well. But what about this... You got the subs to put up a respectable score on a mic, but how do they sound? You can make anything get loud, but will it sound good doing so? And how long will they last at that volume?
That's why Xplod subs are crap. lol.
they sound pretty good, better than I expected considering the high tuning. They just don't get low (obviously) but they sound good. If a box is built right the subs will ALWAYS sound good. Doesn't miss any notes either

Doesn't seem that loud imo...considering it's a burp score in a burp box with burp power being thrown at the subs playing a burp frequency
hi hater

actually recommended volume for these subs is 1.58cu.ft. ported, not far off. DD recommends tuning their subs to 40Hz so the tuning isn't ridiculous. and I definitely don't consider ~1000wrms being burp power

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.