one week break-in period?

Participant count
  • Participant list

goodrich
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
i just got my (2) eD 12" O's in today and there's a sheet of paper in the box that says they have to be broken in for a whole week!! that *****! hopefully both subs at half power will have just as much punch as my 12" type S.

...or you could just crank them up right when you get them so that they blow within the first week and then you have to send them back to get fixed and therefore have to wait a month or more to get them back, during which you will have NO bass... all to avoid a week at half volume...

lol i personally would just play them softly for a while

I understand a sub may be a little rigid from the factory, but this "one week" warmup thing is a bunch of crap. It's just to cover the companies ass. I've never warmed up a sub for more than a day before cranking the living hell out of it, and have NEVER had a problem with subs I've had over the years related to so called "breakins" . As long as it's not freezing **** cold outside, and you use reasonable care, you should have nothing to worry about.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.