One sub or two?

CoachK

It has been awhile since I've been involved in auto electronics. I have an extended cab Ford Ranger, factory head unit, and I have just installed four infinity 5x7's to replace he factory speakers. Next up will be an amp/sub combo. I do not know if I should run one 12" sub or two. I don't carry more than one other person in my truck all that often, but by the same token it is such a small space I don't want to overpower the 5x7's. I know I should probably buy a head unit but, I do like the factory cd player so I don't see the point in spending money on something I already have.

It all depends on the amount of bass your looking for. Two is always better than one, and I wouldn't worry about drowning out your 5x7's. If you want a little deeper bass go with the 12's, if you like tighter bass go with the 10's. You can always adjust the amount of volume going to your subs to compensate for the 5x7's. The 10's would give you a little more room, also. And four tweets are plenty in my opinion.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Remember that in a truck, the subs are right there in the cab with you. It doesn't take much to make lots of bass. My son has 2 Kicker Comp VR 8" subs powered with 75 watts RMS each in his regular cab Ranger and it'll give you a headache in no time. With an extended cab there's room for a pair of nice 10's and a good box and you'll be plenty happy.

if one sub i would suggest a kicker solobaric 12" L5 or 7 or a set of infinity perfect 10's or if you really want something sweet a single image dynamics idmax 12 with a memphis 1000d on it. if you want to be able to boom it will if you want sound quality it doesnt get much (if any better for that matter)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.