One 12 or Two 12's

CannMann21
10+ year member

BC
I picked up an audioque 1200d amp and ive got 2 12" type R's (dual 2's) and im wondering whether to run one or both. if i were to run one, it would be wired at 1 ohm somewhere in the 900 watt range (possibly less) and if i were to run both, it would be wired at 2 ohms at about 400 watts each.

ive got a 98 honda prelude, so pretty small trunk. i was wondering what you guys think. my friend has 2 10" kicker cvr's (i think) but i dono what amp he is running. he seems to brag about it a bit at school, and i wanna shut his mouth //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif would the one sub work? or should i still run both? and what is the difference really between running one or two, in my case?

two= twice the cone area.Hmmm
Except cone are is not the sole determining factor in displacement/output potential. That being said, running both will give you twice the motors to absorb power/heat and reduce power compression (not that it will be a huge factor at that power level) and give you room for upgrading amplifiers later.

he has aq1200d
I say run both at 2ohm...down the line if you upgrade your electrical, run it at .5
i havent had any experience with their amps but they say they are not stable at .5 ohms and i wouldnt run them that low unless they say they are able to do it...

so am i going to notice a difference between the two setups? the car is a daily driver and im not looking for mind numbing bass but i listen to mainly rap and hip hop so i still wanna be able to hit pretty good, ya know?

also am i looking to go ported or sealed? does trunk space play any part in or or the other? i listen to mainly rap, so i was thinking ported.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

CannMann21

10+ year member
CannMann21
BC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from