On my FIRST sound competition I made a 151.6 DB!!!

@Tripleb45

Senior VIP Member
Arkansas
On my VERY FIRST car competition ever I walked away with a first prize trophy and a final score of 151.6 DB. A BIG thanks to EVERYONE who helped me out. Especially the shop who took care of me (K&N Audio). Those who have given good input, gave good advice, and steered me in the right direction. Of course I am thankful to my family and most importantly I am thankful to God for this awesome experience. Met A LOT of cool people there most of which I have contact with now. I have A LOT to edit, upgrade, etc., but I had an AWESOME time and for my first show I have to say I am proud. Videos coming soon..............

This guy did 155 on his FIRST burp and wasn't even trying. If he would have competed I would have EASILY been 2nd, but he decided not to. Of course he had 4 3500 watt soundquebed and 4 18" Level 5's vs my 2 Dc 3.5's and 4 18" Level 4's.

what you runnin?
(4) 18" DC Level 4's

(2) DC 3.5's

270 amp alt

(2) Crescendo Logic HPF-31's

I hear your excitement man, definitely! That is around my goal Db and also my goal to win a comp.! What you running for a setup?
Thanks man. ^^^^^

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

Sound like you won an Oscar with all that. Lol JK
Thats awesome
LOL got to be thankful and gave honor where honor is due. Lol. Thanks bro.

No matter what 150+ is good. First time I remember getting metered at show(not competing) it was like 143. While I was there I talked to some people, picked some idea's by listening to people and seeing their setups. Two weeks later at a weekly show with a TL I pulled a 149.3 with the same exact equipment and box. I was dumb the first time and did some stuff wrong that I now consider obvious. I got hooked to the show/meet scene, listened, and made some good contacts. Within a year after that I learned enough to do 160+. 151+ is great start and even better that you won. Cherish that trophy. And most of all listen to people at the shows more than their systems.

Fix that port and you will be higher. That's pretty low for 4 18s on any power. Where I'm at that class is high 50 for a third place.
Yes sir. Got A LOT to upgrade lol.

yeah a 151 with 4 18s is pretty low.
151 with 4 18s on 7k... :-/
For my first time ever running in any competition I am proud of that score, but as I said I have a lot to tweak and work on.

dang even 150 sounds pretty loud. hopefully I'm hittin that when my amp comes in //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

No hatin at all sir

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.