Omg The New Eclipse Decks.... Can You Say Sony Xplode?

I have been following that thread over at sound domain and I'm not sure I follow why these new decks are so ugly to everyone. Have you seen the Pioneers that everyones been using for so long? The new eclipses look quite similar to the Pioneers, yet I don't see anyone *****ing about them?
I'm a loyal Eclipse fan and have always loved their streamlined simple approach with quality builds as much as any of you, but I'm not quite sure why they are so ugly to all of you. Is it the blue LEDs? The chrome? The finish?

Everyone is *****ing, but not saying why. Is it a Forum ***** Boner? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Thats very true...not too different from some Pioneer models- I bet you one thing though, i bet they perform like a mutha****a.....and dont have dolphins swimming around on the display.....Pioneer has had the bling on for years

Some people are simply drama queens....I'll make an educated decision when I actually see the decks and HEAR them in person- the 5v and 8v series regardless of looks will put 95% of the other decks out there to shame regarding DSP , preouts and hardware......

**** those are fugly.
Here's the Alpine 9855

goods0205alpine_730x238.jpg
idk what your talking about but that looks decently nice

My 2 pennies worth.. the differences are always subjective, and what is important to one is not to another. That PC statement said, I also find the new Eclipses ( in pictures, single DIN units ) to be very yucky, for lack of better word. But then I prefer all black, simple, not flashy, etc. I don't much care for the Pioneer's either in terms of appearance. I prefer simple, like the Nak CD500, etc, and for me somewhat matching my dash is important. But, I will guess the new Eclipses, if they follow in the tradition of the 04 models, will sound great, offer many useful features esp for those who enjoy DSP aspects, and will be well built even if the photos make them appear cheesy. I find the Alpines such as the 9855 etc to be much better cosmetically though I doubt they offer the same level of SQ as does the Eclipses, though again that is subjective. Ok maybe that was a nickel's worth //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Goiod new sis the silver trend will not last forever, just as the black faces did not. If you liked the 04's but hate the 05's, time to get out there and snag one before it's too late, or wait and hope for a bargain //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I like the clean look of my 8454...and I dont have an opinion on the new ones because I dont think the pics show enough detail. Although these new designs may not be everyone's cup of tea, I am sure that performancewise, they pick up from where the 04's left off and will be stellar. I've seen many posts all over the place that many buy eclipse for the performance and dont care about looks, so I dont know where all the hate is coming from. In the past it was either sq or dolphins...now you can have sq with dolphins...eclipse is just doing what any other business would do and go after that market open market.

just my $0.03

You guys are a bunch of drama queens. The pics were not working when I first saw this thread so all I had too go by was your reactions. You guys made me think that they were some god awful plastic covered brown turds... Now that I see them they are definitely not as bad looking as you guys said. In fact I think they look good.

Well Eclipse has ditched the 2.7v 3series line.,...5v/55ohm preouts are in their lowest offering-they came to play!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryexcited.gif.c26a15f316d23068607f36ddacd7a7ab.gif

That is all fine and dandy, but the new decks are nasty, eclipse had class once like with your 8443 max6spd.... I doubt you will be doing a trade in for a new unit even if it has more features because deep down inside you know they looks so nasty. Also if you think the new ones look good then you never looked at last years models! They went from pure class and function to pure ghetto cheese and function.

That is all fine and dandy, but the new decks are nasty, eclipse had class once like with your 8443 max6spd.... I doubt you will be doing a trade in for a new unit even if it has more features because deep down inside you know they looks so nasty. Also if you think the new ones look good then you never looked at last years models! They went from pure class and function to pure ghetto cheese and function.

You must have taken drama in highschool. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif

Eclipse 8443:

CD8443.jpg

2005 Eclipse 8445

eclipse.jpg

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/imdaman.gif.bc6c552e19aa4ad8c47461144f40eb1a.gif Go find something else to ***** about. They look remarkably similar, one has a shinier finish.

I agree, if those had Alpine on them or Tru for some other forums people would be whackin off to those pics.... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/bowdown.gif.b85b23b82970bd22fb6b549c3392f016.gif

If they were alpine I would think they looked like ******* and alpine would have gone down hill to make a deck like that. Hell I hate pioneer and the new pio stuff looks awsome compared to eclipse. And how you can compare them is beyond me, are you friggen blind??? And no JERK since you want to try to insult me over my opinion which makes you to be a total ass I did not take drama and have been out of high school for a long time. You might wanna have more posts and contribute to this club more before you insult members.

The only thing similar with those two decks is that they have two knobs and the same screen, nothing else. Eclipse has gone for the ugly "popular with high school kids and girls" plastic look. Freaking Joke.

And all alpine owners..?? Would you be happy if alpine went with a look like that? That retard above thinks that we would be whackin off to those pics if alpine made them. I for one would buy an older used alpine if they looked shitty like that or even a used eclipse like the 8443 you have pictured

Man your hardcore //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rotflol.gif.b453361716769b8110ddefc85ff03cd2.gif

I own an Alpine deck and love it but you guys just get carried away because something has a litte chrome or whatever.

Take a chill

I am not worried about it for I will probably not own an eclipse deck, I am just in shock such a reputable company as eclipse that puts out high class, high end decks would make decks that look like this. Just blows my mind.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.