Omg The New Eclipse Decks.... Can You Say Sony Xplode?

You might wanna have more posts and contribute to this club more before you insult members.
The only thing similar with those two decks is that they have two knobs and the same screen, nothing else. Eclipse has gone for the ugly "popular with high school kids and girls" plastic look. Freaking Joke.

LOOK OUT WORLD ITS A POST COUNT NAZI. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/titanic.gif.8089b7552c370bcc138aa121756d0c0b.gif haha

Since when is being called dramatic an insult. Oh I get it, when someone receives critizism about something that may be true they get offended... Its a bit of chrome man, chill out. High School kids aren't going to be running out and buying the latest equipment because it is High End and through an authorized dealer, quite pricey.

When the new BMW 740 came out I hated it. It's grown on me, but I didn't go around being dramatic and preaching to all the world about my hatred. Its only an opinion. Take some meds. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Eclipse has gone for the ugly "popular with high school kids and girls" plastic look. Freaking Joke.
you are basing that on what? those low quality blury pics? lol

I'd think a company's reputation goes down hill when their build quality and SQ goes down, I have yet to see that from Eclipse to make such an ASSumption- such as Alpine's Sq taking a dive since their older copper chassis/non clipping preout models, thats been quite a few years yet Alpine die hards keep buying from year to year the same ol' repackaged goods.......

They way i look at it....

Eclipse now offers-

low 55ohm 5v/8v decks, w/ 24bit DAC, DSP out the arse with the processing to back it while giving you a S/N ratio of 115db //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif

Can Alpine touch this?

Nope, but you like its looks better- how sweet......to each his own

Actually I have owned the older copper chassis alpines, the original 7909 and now a 9835. I kept my mind totally open to all other brands with my decision on the 9835 and actually I think the 8443 was a better choice overall and wish I would have snagged one. As for repackaged goods, that is not even close to true if you are comparing a copper chassis and a newer alpine like a 9835 or even comparing say a 9815 and a 9835, they are miles apart in features. That would be like comparing the first garbage eclipse decks to the 8443 and calling it "repackaged goods" Last I never said eclipse has gone down hill in the sq department for they now do looks like the same old repackaged goods in a new plastic fantastic can with super bling light effects and screens on the lower end units from last years models.

Also if you think your eclipse "sounds better than an alpine deck" I would love to see you prove your point becuase on paper things are different than in the real world. But I do totally respect eclipse for there commitment to a higher standard which for a few years alpine did do away with "especially with the 4v clipped preouts and sub preouts under 2v" I would put money on it if tested you would have no idea which deck was playing with no eq ect. Again as I stated, eclipse decks have been very nice as of late, it is just dissapointing that the choose to make such a drastic change in the looks which is very dissapointing for they do not look "high end" anymore.

As for eclipse there was only one way to go which was up in quality since the first units because they were freakin garbage and everyone knows it and it ****** working with them and selling them because they were garbage. I really though they were going in the right direction! Why are you trying to make this an alpine / eclipse war? If alpine did somthing stupid like this I am sure we all would be cursing alpine like when when we found out about the crappy 4v output problems just like I and many many others on here are really annoyed for such a leap to the cheap looking side of things. I respect both brands equally, but have lost allot of faith in eclipse for the new styles. Somthing must have played a key factor in such a design change for eclipse.. mabey a new investor, new engineer..? Who knows.. I do think the 8443 and the 8053 are bad assed units though. They had the looks dead on and looked better than any alpine I have seen as of late.

OK, as a long-time Eclipse fan and owner, upon first glance I appear to be in the majority, thinking they should've zigged when they zagged concerning appearance. The pictures may be lacking, but the basic design is clear enough to envision it sitting in your dash or not. Ergonomics aren’t everything, but they definitely factor. Truth of the matter is, we've no one to blame but ourselves, excluding present company.

As a business, Eclipse wants nothing more than to build a respected product and increase their market share. Anyone who spends a few hours a month in their local shop knows where the trend in the HU market has been going for years, and it seems Eclipse finally felt they were on the wrong side of it. Hard-core fans can take heart in that they were one of the last few holdouts. Denon, Nak, McIntosh and the like hardly count since their combined market share is fractional and they live and die by their 120/220V gear.

Ultimately, public demand will speak loud and clear. If this new line collects dust on the shelves only to be discounted, you can **** well bet there’ll be changes for ’06.

All companies go through changes, Eclipse is addressing one that will gain them market share whilst still delivering what they are known for, sound quality and ease of use. A long time back there was pullout cd players from Alpine that were stellar tanks built in Japan. Next year the 7513,14,17,21 came out and they ****** a$$. They were made offshore and they too looked and felt cheap and cheesy by comparison. But the line persevered and they tweaked the "feel" of the units and developed the line into what it is today.

Im the case of Eclipse, they already have the internals and are working on tweaking the externals. Personally I will buy a cd player for what it can do for my system, how it sounds, it's capabilities and not for how it looks. Do dolphins or skateboarders or chrome with blue lighting have anything to do with sound? You might not like the looks but if that unit delivers better performance than what you have now it is something worth considering.

you are basing that on what? those low quality blury pics? lol
I'd think a company's reputation goes down hill when their build quality and SQ goes down, I have yet to see that from Eclipse to make such an ASSumption- such as Alpine's Sq taking a dive since their older copper chassis/non clipping preout models, thats been quite a few years yet Alpine die hards keep buying from year to year the same ol' repackaged goods.......

They way i look at it....

Eclipse now offers-

low 55ohm 5v/8v decks, w/ 24bit DAC, DSP out the arse with the processing to back it while giving you a S/N ratio of 115db //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif

Can Alpine touch this?

Nope, but you like its looks better- how sweet......to each his own
Ive been a hardcore eclipse fan sence ive gotten in the car audio scene (5442-3422-5423) and i always will be. These new decks dont look as good as i thought eclipse would have designed them to be but sence i try and keep an open mind ill give them a try. There 5v decks are going to start at MAP $179. Not bad when im sure there quality hasnt gone down.

. Personally I will buy a cd player for what it can do for my system, how it sounds, it's capabilities and not for how it looks. Do dolphins or skateboarders or chrome with blue lighting have anything to do with sound? You might not like the looks but if that unit delivers better performance than what you have now it is something worth considering.
Thats why alot of people DONT like the looks of these head units. They went from plain and simple, fully black decks that blended in with your dash. Now there coming out with the chromed out bling bling decks with all these lights and cheap ass bottons. Personaly, thats why i liked eclipse decks is because they were more stelth then any of the other decks i audiotioned. That and ESN kicks ass.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/bowdown.gif.b85b23b82970bd22fb6b549c3392f016.gif

ok first off those pics deff do not due any justice... i was at CES and made sure to stop by the Eclipse booth. i do agree with desert a bit on this one... they have gone down in looks a bit but there not ugly at all, like i said these pics dont serve any justice, they look much better and more clean in person. i personally dont care about looks at all andi plan on perchasing the 8445 when it comes out and might even trade in my 8443 for it, dont get me wronhg the 8443 looks better than the 8445 but still the 8445 has quite a few more otions. over all the looks havent gone down hill that much and the performance has gone up. so i think that it was a good trade off. and desert go check out the new eclipse decks when they come out in march and youll see what i mean.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.