Omg The New Eclipse Decks.... Can You Say Sony Xplode?

**** those are fugly.

Here's the Alpine 9855

goods0205alpine_730x238.jpg

That is the most sickening thing I have seen to date. Going to make decks like the 8443 a collectors item in SHORT order. Those freakin decks are NASTY! Also I saw the alpine in the 2005 alpine deck post //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Thank my stars that alpine is still classy! I would buy a freakin kenwood or top of the line JVC before I would buy one of those new eclipse decks. Eclipse is making sony look good now!

i have lost all respect for eclipse. for the past five years i think i have had close to ten eclipses. they have never been big on appeal and the last two years looked good, but the new ones look kinda cheap to me.

they dont look that bad....i bet they look better in person....all that matters is performance though right?

What I look for in a deck...

#1 performance

#2 apperance

#3 build quality

By the looks of those new decks they just dropped right off my scope of ever owning an eclipse.

not feeling the single dins from the pics, but 5v doubledin navi w/ built in sirius might have to be a consideration:)

But i did notice the expanded the line- before only one 5v deck available, now quite a few

the 8445/8455(only decks i'd look into anyways) dont look bad IMO

Again these a crappy pics, i'll rather see them in person- the flash used on the pics dont really let you see the texture of the knobs/controls(wether its a brushed metal or chrome)

and the pink lights a probably more dominantly red but just screwed up bty the flash

I have been following that thread over at sound domain and I'm not sure I follow why these new decks are so ugly to everyone. Have you seen the Pioneers that everyones been using for so long? The new eclipses look quite similar to the Pioneers, yet I don't see anyone *****ing about them?

I'm a loyal Eclipse fan and have always loved their streamlined simple approach with quality builds as much as any of you, but I'm not quite sure why they are so ugly to all of you. Is it the blue LEDs? The chrome? The finish?

Everyone is *****ing, but not saying why. Is it a Forum ***** Boner? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I do not like the chrome, the lighting, the cheap almost sticker like logo, the screen layout ect... Looks like a crappy built product now. Also I have seen the new pio's they are not 1/2 as bad as the new eclipse decks. The eclipse looks on par with a low end jvc now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.