Old timer quiz first system

ramos
5,000+ posts

Still learning
Virginia
Okay how many remember their very first system. I will start

Many many moons ago //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif My first real system consisted of a 2 DR. Crankenstein 10's. A Fosgate power 500 pushing the subs. Two pairs of Targa 6 1/2's And a pair of Radio Shack bullet tweeters. The 6 1/2's and the tweeters were powered by this humongoid realistic amp that was like 4 x 35 or something like that. That thing got so hot you could fry eggs on it. But it never would die. When I first got into the hobby there were no laws against it. So we used to go to the local strip and blast away. Man I feel old now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif That's my first killer system who's next.

My first "system" was an Ampex 8-track AM/FM deck, Jensen 6X9's, and Radio Shack 5-1/4's. The deck only had 2 channels so the fader control was a passive resistance control (potentiometer).

circa 1969, probably before most guys around here were born lol.

here goes nothing,

A "hifi" realistic 2 shaft w/ built in EQ!! Amplification provided by a spark-o-static 40 watt booster and to hold all this power a set of pioneer 4x10. The next upgrade consisted of a punch 45 and 2 punch 8". Now that was quality. I use to blast that thing wide f****n open all day every day and I swore it was top notch.

okay today I put in my first "system" inmy own ride. I mean i have up graded HUI's and speakers before but today i put in an amp and Urban 12" sub in a crappy waterlogged box. tha sub too has sat in rains. Anyways thus far it running off tha bridged channel of a 50x2 and 25x2 JVC component anmp. I have 2 mixed brand 4" speakers up front one Urban 6x9 and one sparkomatic 6x9 n tha back deck. No my systsem is just as Ghetto as my car but it gave me what i wnated "the ablitily to feel tha bass a little bit wwithout having it super loud".

J

Two Rockford 12s (OLD model w/ the red in the middle) an old Lanzar amp (can't remember what kind) and some Pioneer 6x9s. I also had a Blaunpunt tape player.

My first system was in my first car, a 78 ford granada. I had a pioneer shaft style radio(15wattsX 4) a pyramid amp factory 6x9's , i dont remember the name of the e.q, and a 10" speaker in a house enclosure!! Way back in 88'!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

well mine was in an 84 dodge aries, it consited of a cheap walmart tape player jensen 31/2's factory 5x7's some amp that i had never heard of that a friend gave to me for like 10 bucks...it supposedly put out 75x2 i think that was the peak...heh....then i had a crunch 12" in a sealed box that i bought at a pawn shop.....oddly enough it bumped pretty good....and this was before i knew anything about amps.....so i had to unplug it each time i got out of the car cause i didnt use a remote turn on ohh it was fun....then i upgraded to a factroy deck from a 04 chrystler new yorker....heh....total cost to me.....$110.... lets see someone beat that

Just got into it a few years ago had two fosgate xlcs and a fosgate 200.2 bought used off a friend for 160 not too bad and **** at that time did I think that stuff hit. It actully didnt sound all that bad had all factory speakers with a crappy jensen wallmart cd player I did ok for a few years and I was happy I am now glad I went ahead and bought it or i would of never got into to car audio and had so much fun one of the best hobbys in my opinion.

about 7 years ago....2 10 inch Jensen Grips, a Hifonics 100X2 amp, 2 pair Infinity Reference 6 1/2 inch coaxials, .5 farad Monster Cap, and an Alpine Tape Deck. I blew most of the speakers a few weeks later.

hmmm... my first system that i could actually count as a system went into a 1984 Ford Thunderbird (4 cyl turbo coupe if you can beleive they exist lol)

it was 2 MTX Terminator 12's

and 2 MTX Terminator 10's

I had two Realistic 160 watt amps pushing them (LOL)

A kenwood tape deck

and all mids were stock

my highs were pulled out of some no-name home stereo speaker box and pushed with a Jensen 40 watt power booster amp LMAO

oh them good old days... and to beleave i thought it was the shizznit at one time LOL

Installed in '58 Chevy in 1967.

Muntz Blue Light Tape Deck. 2-Jensen coax 6x9's in rear deck. Jensen 5" coax in front kick panels. 2 years later I added a generic equalizer / booster.

The Muntz was a 4-Track Unit. Anyone remenber these???

Man, I wish I had the Chevy back.

Thank heavens the my stereo tastes have improved!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.