Ok, What/how much do I need? Big 3..ordering Knu.

Participant count
  • Participant list

LaserRed38
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Bay Area, CA
I made a thread about my wiring last week, but decided to just make a new one. Does anyone know approximately how much I will need? I have a 2000 Mustang. I want to do the Big 3 with 1/0, then do a run of 1 or 2 gauge back to my AX 5600. It accepts 1 gauge, so should I just do 1 gauge from the battery back? Please break down a list of everything I will need to do this. Fuse holders, battery terminals, connectors, etc. I want to order everything from Knu Koncetpz, but their site is down, so I was just going to get it all off their ebay store. I want to get new speaker wire too. How much will I need for my comps? I am going active so I will need enough for the two tweets and two mids. Can I use the same gauge for both? Also, for my 10" ME sub that I am about to get, should I get some 8 gauge for that? So please tell me all that I need from here:

http://stores.ebay.com/KnuKonceptz-com_W0QQcolZ2QQdirZQ2d1QQfsubZ0QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Thanks in advanced. If you know anyone selling anything used, I wouldn't mind. I want the red 1/0 power wire and black 1/0 ground. I'd also like the twisted speaker wire...

tape measure is your friend.

measure the length of your car from bumper to bumper. set that as the lenght of your power wire. measure a lenght from your alt to your battery in the trail it would take, wether it's around the engine bay or direct. measure the distance from engine ground to chassis ground. measure the distance from battery to chassis ground. add the ground distance from amp to chassis.

count how many fuses you will need on what power wires you are using.

speaker wire.

measure the distance from each of your tweets all the way to your HU or your amp. measure the distance from each of the mids all the way to the HU or the amp then multiply that times 2.

measure the distance from the sub to the sub amps mounting position.

then add 2-5 feet to every total distance of every type of wire being used.

don't be lazy. can't have everything handed down to you.

if you don't want to go out and get some rough esitimates of lenght. then just buy multiple 100ft rolls of w/e wire you are going to use. then sell the excess.

Haha. Thanks....duh!! I'm just really busy and don't have my own tape measurer here at college. On that note, I'm going to go out and pick one up right now. I know I need to fuse the batt-amp power wire obviously, but do I need to fuse the alt-batt wire? Some say yes, some say it isn't necessary.

See? I think I will to be on the safe side. What size fuse for stock alt and batt then, if I'm using 1/0? I believe the stock alt is 130 amps in the Mustang..

i just got 10 feet of the KLM 0 gauge wire from Knu and 6 ring ends to do my big 3. i won't be using a fuse. i'll just make sure i don't screw it up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.