Ok now that my alt is working fine with the regulator.. 2nd battery install questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

Glock23
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
il
Once I buy a 2nd battery for the car.. I can use the voltage meter dial correct?

Or do I only use this once I have a better amp that will handle the voltage. I'm pretty sure this is the case.

I need to figure out how to run a 2nd battery in my trunk and where to put it and also how to run all the wires.

---

Can I mount the voltage regulator box in the trunk? Not much room in the engine bay. I don't know how long or short the wires to the regulator have to be

whats up with all the posts...cant u just make one thread and post in it.

its not like i give a fuk, its just annoying seeing 10 post generally about the same thing.

Just run a 0/1 gauge pos wire to the back to the batt. Ground the batt, either all the way up to the main batt or to chasis in the back. Fuse before and after the amp. And than hook ur amp up to the batt in the back.

i dunno bout ur other questions.

Your voltage regulator has to be upfront with the alternator. I hope the rest of your car likes the higher voltage. If not you will need a step down transformer for the stock car elctronics. Based on the posts you've made, I don't think your qualified to install a 16 volt system. I suggest you find someone who understands car electrical to help you.

There are a ton of theads on there about how to install a second batt.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Glock23

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
Glock23
il
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date