Equalizer curves and slopes?

Participant count
  • Participant list

endofdays89
5,000+ posts

Banned
missouri
I need some help understanding the eq curve on my head unit. I need some ideas on how to set it as well.

Here is my options on the hu-

(How should i set these?)

Low: 40—80—100—160 (Hz)

Mid: 200—500—1k—2k (Hz)

High: 3k—8k—10k—12k (Hz)

Or what would be the best way to set them in your opinion?

also, i have an option like, " 2N,1N, or 2W,1W" on my head unit too? Dont know what the hell that means either. Can anyone explain this as well?

I need some help understanding the eq curve on my head unit. I need some ideas on how to set it as well.

Here is my options on the hu-

(How should i set these?)

Low: 40—80—100—160 (Hz)

Mid: 200—500—1k—2k (Hz)

High: 3k—8k—10k—12k (Hz)

Or what would be the best way to set them in your opinion?

also, i have an option like, " 2N,1N, or 2W,1W" on my head unit too? Dont know what the hell that means either. Can anyone explain this as well?
The frequencies is the center frequency the crossover can be set at (not really a crossover, but more like a booster in the middle with a rolloff) The center point is the focus of the boost.

The 2N, 1N, 2W, 1W is the width of the filter. W being wide, N being Narrow. I will assume that W has a 12 db/octave rolloff and the N has a 24 db/octave rolloff. (Could be 6 and 12)

If you want less frequencies penetrating into the music then do a narrow (2 will allow more in, 2 wide will allow the most in.)

I have my low end set to 60 1N. I don't like hearing ANY kind of mid from my subs and the wider you set it the more midrange will creep in.

When you adjust your lows, mids, and highs (you know +1 - +6 or something like that) the center frequency is where the boost will be applied and the width is how much of the surrounding frequencies it will include.

I would do (as a starting point)

80 1N

500 2N (or 1W)

10K 2N (or 1W)

If you are using amps then I would leave them flat and tune your amps using flat settings....if you need more highs then mess with it. Also, you should have sub control and not even need to mess with the low end, as that will distort the bass.

The frequencies is the center frequency the crossover can be set at (not really a crossover, but more like a booster in the middle with a rolloff) The center point is the focus of the boost.
The 2N, 1N, 2W, 1W is the width of the filter. W being wide, N being Narrow. I will assume that W has a 12 db/octave rolloff and the N has a 24 db/octave rolloff. (Could be 6 and 12)

If you want less frequencies penetrating into the music then do a narrow (2 will allow more in, 2 wide will allow the most in.)

I have my low end set to 60 1N. I don't like hearing ANY kind of mid from my subs and the wider you set it the more midrange will creep in.

When you adjust your lows, mids, and highs (you know +1 - +6 or something like that) the center frequency is where the boost will be applied and the width is how much of the surrounding frequencies it will include.

I would do (as a starting point)

80 1N

500 2N (or 1W)

10K 2N (or 1W)

If you are using amps then I would leave them flat and tune your amps using flat settings....if you need more highs then mess with it. Also, you should have sub control and not even need to mess with the low end, as that will distort the bass.
thanks for the time. But what do you mean by boosting the frequencies? I want to set this up for metal/rock since it is my favorite genre of music. I forgot to say that. Also, i have all my settings at 2W ( all of them). So is that good for rock music or worst? Thanks.

I have my low end set to 60 1N. I don't like hearing ANY kind of mid from my subs and the wider you set it the more midrange will creep in. Your talking about the components right?

thanks for the time. But what do you mean by boosting the frequencies? I want to set this up for metal/rock since it is my favorite genre of music. I forgot to say that. Also, i have all my settings at 2W ( all of them). So is that good for rock music or worst? Thanks.
Your deck is more advanced than most decks. On most decks when you adjust the bass, treble or mids the manufacture has a set center frequency and bandwidth of the frequency. This deck allows you to choose how wide (or narrow) your adjustments will go, also it lets you pick which frequency you want to be the focus of the boost.

For the sub stage (or bass) I would set it at 100 2N for your preference, since Rock does not get as low as Hip Hop.

Mids again I would go with 500 2N or 1W

Highs you could either go 10 or 12.5, in this case I might go 12.5 with a 1W and maybe a 2W. BUT, if you are leaving all your settings at 0 then these will mean nothing because you will only hear a difference when you make an adjustment.

Again if you have a sub...I wouldn't even mess with the low end controls and just stick with standard sub woofer control and set the crossover a little higher on the amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.