Ok I'm stuck....Realllllly stuck....PLZ HELP ME!!!

I would use the same size wire for ground as well as positive, this could cause this prob in some cases. Also the ground not being bare with smaller wire can cause this same prob. Been there and done that.

Use this info to adjust your gain accordingly. Don't use there volt ratings. Find that with the other link provided.

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/support_pages.php?page_id=143

http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/setgain.asp - could also use this to set gain, use a 50hz tone as stated to adjust your sub amp. Type in the info your amp supplies in the boxes to find the proper voltage to set the gain before connecting the remote bass control.

That ground bolt should be fine. I've used that area before as well as the hatch latch bolts on a camaro and a T/A. Its sounds like at this point something is wrong internally.

The bolt may be fine, but haveing a smaller size wire may do it. Could always try the single sub as suggested by myself and another just to make sure. Also follow the gain setting links.

Yeah Casper....that's pretty much what my conclusion is coming down to...as bad as I hate to even think that, I just don't see what else could be wrong! Has anyone ever heard of this amp(kicker zx750.1) messing up or a bad batch or anything?? I wonder how much Kicker would charge me to at least look at it, and hopefully fix it????? As I have no warranty from the seller....

The bolt may be fine, but haveing a smaller size wire may do it. Could always try the single sub as suggested by myself and another just to make sure. Also follow the gain setting links.

Oh no doubt. I think he should upgrade the ground wire to 4g also before any conclusion about the amp can be reached.

Try what others have suggested before turning it in.

If it was bought new from somewhere, then it should have a warranty. Either thru the place you bought it or kicker themselves. G/L

I have replaced my inline fuse.....I tried to hook up one sub yesterday real quick, series wired....and low and behold...the amp shut off at volume 25 (out of 50). Now granted this was just a real quick pull the speaker out and rewire one sub to see if it works cuz i'm really pi$$ed off sorta thing but it still didn't work....

I actually got it off ebay...........the seller sells a ton of audio equipment and had a 100% feedback......He listed it as brand new and it came in all brand new packaging and was obviously never out of the box so I was fully confident that it was a functional new item. I'm pretty sure he won't take the amp back if it's messed up due to it being used I guess but I don't know......

Clipping is another sign of an amp shutting off.

Turn eveything to zero on the deck as far as bass boost and gain to zero. turn head unit to 25 and see if it does the same thing. turn gain to 1/8 of the way, repeat till it does this. Then let us know at what point it did this at. Again this has to be doen before the remote bass control is attached.

Heres a good picture of a wiring diagram. You've already checked it, but why not.

2DVC_2-ohm_mono.jpg

Another option is to hook up one sub like this.Trn your gain nd bass boost all the way down and wire a single sub like this.

1DVC_2-ohm_mono.jpg

The amp @ 4 ohms will draw much less current than it will at 2 ohms. If it is your voltage, this should work a little better. If this is the case, Id suggest upgrading your both power and ground to 4ga, or better yet 1/0. Just make sure you have a solid ground. Make sure all the paint is scraped, and its a place on the frame, not like a seatbelt holder or something because those are just bolted to the body, and that isnt optimal for a ground. Just go look for a few places and check the resistance on them with a DMM. When you find the right spot, put in a piece of 4ga as the ground. I really doubt that 8ga is sufficient for an amp with that much power.

Not really sure what else the problem could be... Best of luck to ya.

Thanks guys....really, I appreciate any and all the help.............So I guess I will upgrade my ground wire......then if that doesn't work......I'll just send it in.....don't know what else to do.........and those wiring diagrams are exactly some of the ones I went off of......and the single sub thing didn't work either.....

yeah. for some reason kicker subs like to blow the inline fuse, or corrode it to the point where it doesnt work. i had that problem when i first put my kickers in and had to upgrade my power wire even though it should have been more then enough. and big grounds are always good //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif but what i dont see is that ur fuse should blow before the amp decides its to much

Yeah I think my fuse is good....I just replaced actually when I was installing my amp.......and my subs will still work sometimes at low volume. A question...........a couple feet of 4 gauge wire for my ground should only be a few bucks right?????? No more than 10?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.