Ok I'm stuck....Realllllly stuck....PLZ HELP ME!!!

My ground is about 2-3 feet away from the amp.....I had to pull my amp out of my car the other day and the ground wire came unhooked from where it was so we just unscrewed the bolt that was holding the eyelet my ground ran through and wedged the wires underneath, screwing the bolt back down. I felt pretty confident about it at the time but at this point.........I don't feel confident about much.

How could it be trying to run too low of a load?????? I had (2) 4 ohm CVR's hooked up to a 1ohm load when I first got the amp and didn't know I needed the 2ohm subs so I could get a 2ohm load, and even then I could turn it up just a little bit more than I can now before it would shut off. Now that I have the right subs and the right wiring to produce the right ohm load(I thought), do you think my amp is like stuck or something from when I had the 4 ohm subs hooked up to it??? I don't know, I just don't get it.........I can't turn my **** up very high at all before it's all she wrote. And I'm 90% sure my ground wire is alright and in an OK spot. What else could it be???? Has anyone ever heard of the zx750.1 having any problems or going into protect mode(shutting off) too much????

Let's start with the amp and one sub. I know you said its wired in series but humor me a bit and wire the pos "+" from one side to the neg "-" of the other side, then connect the "+" and "-" to the amp in bridge mode. What happens? pm me if you want me to help.

So Buildmeabox........You're saying to hook one wire up from one Pos. coil(I guess the one with the dot on it) to the negative one(without a dot) on the other side of the sub....and then what??? Don't wire up the other Pos. and Neg. coil??? What do you mean "bridge mode"??

The amp kicks off at any load I'm pretty sure.....and while I was just now on break, I was trying to smoke a cigarette and listen to some bumps at a low volume (about 15 out of 50) and IT STILL SHUT OFF....even at a low volume....Now this is really pi$$in me off

Alright, now what exactly is buildmeabox saying......I don't get a picture of it in my head by just reading what he said.........does anyone know of a diagram or anything that depicts what he is trying to say?? I could swear I have had them wired right at least once if not right now how they are wired and my amp still keeps shutting off......

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.